Job Seekers, Sign In
Reference & Instruction Librarian, Library Services - A13001A1 « Position Deleted on 6/07/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Southern Indiana|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe University of Southern Indiana's David L. Rice Library seeks talented, energetic, and services oriented individual as our Reference and Instruction Librarian. The University of Southern Indiana is among the fastest growing public institutions in the state of Indiana, with over 10,000 students, four colleges and seventy academic programs. Our collaborative culture, regional connectedness, and robust fiscal condition set us apart. USI provides a friendly education-oriented environment and great benefit package that includes 100% tuition benefit for employees and 75% tuition benefit for spouses or dependent children, excellent paid time off, exceptional retirement and health benefits and more. To learn more about the University and to apply for a position, go to www.usi.edu/hr/employment.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian coordinates a team of librarians participating in research instruction and leads the majority of the sessions taught by the team. This librarian will design, develop, and evaluate effective, varied library instruction curricula for a range of undergraduate and graduate courses; provide information to faculty, staff, and students via face-to-face and virtual reference services; and supervise at least one student employee.
Required knowledge and skills:
- American Library Association-accredited Master of Library Science degree (or equivalent)
- Experience using databases and automated library systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and across multiple departments
- Skill in using technology in an educational or library setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in teaching; instructional media/design; computer-based resources; and/or library instruction
- Knowledge of different learning styles, especially problem-based or activity-based learning
- Familiarity with library discovery products and other emerging technologies
- Experience with creating marketing materials and/or social media applications
- Knowledge of research instruction within a college or university first-year experience program
- Familiarity with providing reference service in a virtual environment
- Experience in an academic library setting
The University of Southern Indiana is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer that values diversity, respects differences and provides a sense of belonging and inclusion.