Job Seekers, Sign In
Web Applications Programmer « Position Deleted on 3/05/2013 »
|Institution:||North Central College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsNorth Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Web Applications Programmer.
- Design, develop, test and maintain any existing and new websites/applications. This includes web-forms, database design and script or any other development as needed.
- Program as needed to integrate information resources (databases, authentication systems, vendor supplied solutions, etc.) into the web environment.
- Integrate, test and deploy third-party applications onto the web.
- Maintain existing applications, determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated experience with Drupal theming and development.
- Ability to work with Web-connected databases, and an understanding of query languages such as MySQL.
- Familiarity with object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of GIT, SVN or any other sub versioning system is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping critical tasks.
- Must be is well organized, detail oriented, and flexible with regard to projects timeline shifts.
- Identify, track and resolve production issues.
- Resolve ITS help-desk issues related to the web.
- Other job-related duties as appropriately assigned.
- A bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, Interactive Media Studies, or a related field is required.
- One to three years' work experience performing progressively more complex and responsible IT tasks. Or a recent graduate with internship experience.
- Experience with Adobe Flash, InDesign, Photography, videography, and sound editing preferred.
- Familiarity with Zend or any other MVC frameworks preferred
- Working with LAMP, WAMP environment preferred
- Knowledge of mobile applications is a plus
- Must provide a portfolio of samples of website designs/applications.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Fax: 630-637-5755 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College's background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: Open Until Filled