Job Seekers, Sign In
Intercultural Student Services Coordinator « Position Deleted on 4/02/2013 »
|Institution:||Rock Valley College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAvailable: Immediately
Job Summary: Assist the Rock Valley College community in the development and implementation of programs designed to enhance student development. The objective of this position is to supervise a multifaceted program supporting the development of intercultural programming and to provide education, awareness and support a growing number of under-represented student populations at RVC. This role is designed to advise, coach, mentor students, train leaders, and create an atmosphere of respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Related duties may be assigned.
- Work with students in the development of educational goals and the implementation of plans to meet those goals, assist students with academic and career advising.
- Promote highly collaborative working environment between academic departments, administrative departments (e.g., Records and Registration, First Year Experience, Recruitment and Admissions).
- Oversee current grant program and work with college Grant's Office to seek, review, write, obtain, and manage future grant programs.
- Track and assess effectiveness of programs and services provided by ISS department; produce annual KPI report. Provide student and program outcomes/reports/information to Director of SRS and Institutional Research Office.
- Infuse new understanding and commitment to institutional diversity.
- Serve on college committees that support intercultural activities. Serve on college PAIC committee (Promoting An Inclusive Community).
- Coordinate support service programs and services for targeted student populations on Academic Probation and Academic Standards of Progress.
- Support and coordinate the development of RVC's ALLY/Safe Zone program and training.
- Develop, lead, and oversee programs and services that lead to improved retention rates of ISS program participants.
- Oversee Intercultural Programming and special celebration days and international educational experiences.
- Develop relationships with the campus and local community to enhance student success.
- Support and lead appropriate new student orientation activities and Educational Planning Sessions.
- Provide oversight, academic coaching and guidance for special population's case management programs and services.
- Participate in department, division and campus-wide committees.
- Coordinate and present proactive educational information sessions to students and RVC community.
- Teach Student Development classes (STU 100 Planning for College Success/STU 101 Career Planning).
- Establish liaisons with the various academic divisions, selected high schools and four-year institutions, community service agencies and other campus constituents.
- Stay apprised of current policies, legal and ethics issues in higher education.
Application Process: Complete online application available at http://www.rockvalleycollege.edu/employment; include cover letter and current resume. Offer to hire cannot be extended without official transcripts.
RVC is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing diversity and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups. EOE.