University Development Representative - Durham - COE « Position Deleted on 2/20/2013 »
|Institution:||Grand Canyon University|
Location: Remote Office Location
Don't Miss a Day of Your Future!
University Development Representative - Durham, NC
An Extraordinary Career Opportunity with an Acclaimed Leader in the Rapidly Growing Education Sector
Grand Canyon University (GCU) has received national recognition for academic excellence and a rating as one of the premier online education institutions in the world. Not only has GCU been recently ranked among the very best by national press sources like Fortune (ranked GCU in Top 5), the university has received the endorsement of OEDb (Online Education Database - the de facto ranking organization for the online education sector) and others as one of the best in the nation.
As University Development Representative (UDR), you are the representative of Grand Canyon University's College of Education within a defined territory. You are directly responsible for presenting career enhancing graduate degree programs to teachers. You are an engaging and compelling professional resource with a precise understanding of the needs of educators. You are passionate about enriching the lives and careers of people in the education profession. You are a dynamic, balanced influencer and advisor who promotes and facilitates interest in enrollment while keeping your focus on the best interests of the educators you interact with.
The roles and responsibilities of the University Development Representative include:
- Work with intense activity in a defined territory to build direct relationships and ongoing communication within school districts (superintendents, principals, professional development people, administrators, et al)
- Coordinate and conduct on-site informational seminars for educators interested in obtaining a valuable and relevant advanced degree
- Develop and execute the strategy and logistics necessary to cover a large geographic area with personally conducted informational seminars in an efficient and timely manner
- Facilitate the circulation of informational materials through all appropriate channels within a territory
- Acquire and utilize expertise in GCU's higher educational programs and be able to compare/contrast with other educational offerings
- Understand the specific career needs and personal interests of educators and act as a subject matter expert capable of providing the level of communication necessary to assist educators in making well-informed decisions
- Compel enrollment and work with the internal GCU enrollment team to enable a seamless enrollment process for educators
- Discover new opportunities and develop innovative strategies to generate awareness of GCU's College of Education programs and to enhance enrollment
- Meet and exceed enrollment projections and expectations
- Contribute to enrollee experience and positively impact retention by acting as an advocate for GCU in a representative capacity
Required to be considered as a candidate:
Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time,
Refined outside sales and territory building knowledge, skill and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of successful outside, business-to-business (not just inside, person-to-person) account management experience with a significant product or service
- 3 or more years of experience in executing consistent and successful prospecting within a large geographic territory requiring moderate to extensive travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional interaction, personal networking and constituency building skills
- Interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible and fluid group presentation skills
- Lead generation and effective lead follow-up capability
- Self-directed, self-charged, highly motivated, non-procrastinating, high activity action taking sales professional
- Fast starter with the confidence and capability to launch new territory with massive action
- Ability to work from a home-based office as a well-organized planner capable of: executing continuous high volume contact, mapping out efficient travel logistics, coordinating and conducting events, sustaining high levels of diverse activity and multi-tasking under time pressure
- Knowledge of the education industry and the teaching profession
- Strong business and marketing acumen with a penchant for innovation and new business development strategy
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions
- Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations
- Demonstrated, consistent results producer
Base salary: $55,000
Benefits: Comprehensive health care coverage, dental care coverage, life insurance
Tuition (100% for qualified employees)
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University has been serving a growing student body for nearly six decades. With a longstanding heritage as a ground campus with traditional undergraduate and graduate degree programs, the university also offers highly accredited, highly regarded distance learning programs. Grand Canyon University's online degree options include a range of programs in education, business, nursing and health sciences and liberal arts.
The Grand Canyon University's College of Education offers advanced degree students the opportunity to enroll in Master of Arts degree programs in Teaching (MAT) or Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees with a variety of concentrations. The College of Education current offers 15 online Master and Doctorate degree programs for educators a number of undergraduate degree and graduate degrees in elementary and secondary education specializing in a number of fields that include: Administration, Organizational Leadership, English, Technology, Social Studies, Science, and Math.
Grand Canyon University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (member of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).