Research Specialist « Position Deleted on 2/16/2013 »
|Institution:||North Dakota State University|
Location: NDSU Main Campus; Fargo, ND
Full-time, 12-month position responsible for performing electronic technician duties for the North Dakota Agricultural Weather Network ( NDAWN) Center, specializing in automated weather network technical operations and maintenance aspects of the NDAWN Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: instrument calibration and installation, weather station maintenance and inventory, data quality control and datalogger programming. The candidate is expected to foster and maintain strong working relationships with members of the NDAWN team, colleagues, extension personnel, farmers and commodity groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electronics, or Meteorology, or equivalent combination of education/related experience
- Ability to work outdoors in varying and extreme weather conditions
- Valid Class D drivers license, clean driving record, and ability to drive for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (45+ pounds)
- Ability to climb ladders to reach sensors on tripod cross arms
- Ability to work alone in the field and with minimal supervision
- Possess time management, planning and organizational skills
- Handling of some hazardous chemicals required
- Effective oral and written communications skills and ability to use modern media technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electronics, or Meteorology
- Two year's experience in similar field
- Some experience in datalogger programming language (e.g., LoggerNet
- One year experience with computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with remote automated weather monitoring networks (e.g., NDAWN)
- Experience with instrumentation interface software and dataloggers
- Experience with meteorological data analysis or instrumentation
- Some experience or education in meteorological instrumentation
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references. NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.