Senior Director of Admissions - Argosy University Chicago « Position Deleted on 2/22/2013 »
|Institution:||Argosy University - Chicago - Downtown|
|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
|Location||Argosy University Chicago Chicago, IL 60603, US|
|Travel Required||0 - 20%|
The Senior Admissions Director serves as the chief sales and marketing executive for the school and as a member of the school's Executive Committee (EC). This position functions as the key person responsible for new student recruitment and sales management for the admissions department. Responsible for attaining new student and start rate plans for the school. Oversees the conversion of inquiries to applicants, and applicants to new students. Works closely with all school EC members to assure a successful new student recruitment support and admissions operation, as well as supporting the EC members functions. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Establish, forecast and achieve new student and readmissions plans.
- Oversee hiring of all admissions staff, maintaining staffing plans, and oversees and assists in the training, development, motivation, and ongoing management of such staff including monthly, quarterly and annual reviews; new hire and veteran training; ongoing observations; turnover prevention via training and support provided.
- Responsible for conversions of inquiry to applicant; and applicant to new student, as well as for school's admissions budget and monitoring inquiry source results and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for local inquiry generation and database marketing and generate marketing plans to support inquiry conversion and applicant lock-in.
- Ensure compliance with all EDMC standards, ethical standards, and compliance with all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Serve as a member of the school's EC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Director of Admissions, Admissions Representatives, Admissions Coordinators, Eduction Outreach Specialist.
School President, Admissions Specialist, SVP New Student Recruitment; Group Vice President, Admissions Coordinators (and AC Supervisor if staffed), Information Specialists, Mailroom Supervisor, Enrollment Processor, Receptionist, Admissions Administrative Assistants, Mailroom Assistants, and outside potential student populations
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field required, with a Master's degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of increasingly responsible experience managing a sales effort, particularly admissions recruitment or intangible products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.