Assistant Director of Academic Enhancement « Position Deleted on 3/27/2013 »
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$38,000 USD Per Year|
Responsible for managing online tutoring (TMS) and academic coaching services (OMS). Maintain up-to-date academic resources and literature on study skills strategies and academic success tips. Provide learning support opportunities to students within assigned target group(s) through directing workshops designed to help them excel in their academic endeavors. Advise members of the Academic Student Board (ASB). Participate in a rotating on-call system to provide walk-in and referred student consultations including but not limited to: tutoring resources, study skills strategies, facilitating faculty interaction, and academic coaching.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Higher Education, Counseling, or related field.
- 2 years' experience in advising and/or teaching, preferably at the college level.
- 2 years' experience working in a professional setting that includes customer and client services, data collection and reporting.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Website management, tutoring, and/or classroom teaching experience.
- Working knowledge of tutoring resources, study skills and academic coaching.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Master's degree in Higher Education or Counseling.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1300164.