Job Seekers, Sign In
Administrative Assistant 3 - UNLV, Library Administration « Position Deleted on 1/25/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Salary:||$31,862 to $46,416 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTHIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCED CLOSING DATE BASED ON VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Library Administration is seeking an Administrative Assistant 3. This position reports to the University Libraries Human Resources Manager. The incumbent is responsible for the following libraries event support and logistics: manages catering orders, coordinates event parking needs, manages guest RSVPs and day of event logistics, works at the events, if necessary, coordinates printed mailings/invitations, manages event location reservations, maintains the libraries event calendar, creates/maintains event timelines to ensure timeliness, provides direction to student staff working at an event and/or supporting an event, directs and assists in event set up and tear down of tables and chairs for library events that will involve walking, bending, twisting, stooping and lifting of tables and chairs, T-stands and event parking signs as needed for an event. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the Library Administration front desk office coverage and customer service, maintains front desk office operating manual, office supply inventory, donor packets, external relations supplies and storage space, manages/processes Classified Staff training registrations and travel requests, maintains Library data accuracy in the Web Central system, updates and maintains accuracy of staff directory/rosters, maintains organizational charts, orders and picks up from outside vendor staff/student name badges, office name plates, donor plaques, and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies: planning and organizing skills, accuracy and attention to detail, initiative/self-directed and motivated, resourceful, oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests, sound judgment, interpersonal skills, good decision-making skills, ability to develop and cultivate collaborative relationships, time management, customer service skills. Previous experience in the following areas is preferred: 1) supporting and implementing logistics for internal and external meetings, events, and/or professional conferences ranging in size from 20 to 200+ guests, and/or 2) arranging travel for staff to include airline, ground transportation and lodging reservations. The core work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to staff events and/or prepare for events that will be held in the evening or on a weekend. *Per the Nevada State Legislature, classified employees are subject to six (6) mandatory unpaid furlough days.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
ADDITIONAL POSITION EXPERIENCE
1) Indicate the highest degree received.
2) Indicate the highest number of years supervising employees, including student employees.
3) Describe your supervisory experience in detail. List the number and level of employees that you have supervised.
4) Indicate the highest number of years experience in directly interacting with customers one-on-one, in person.
5) Describe your experience in directly interacting with customers one-on-one, in person in detail.
6) Indicate the highest number of years experience coordinating and arranging employee travel to include airline, ground transportation, and lodging.
7) Describe your experience coordinating and arranging employee travel to include airline, ground transportation, and lodging in detail.
8) Indicate the highest number of years of experience supporting and implementing event logistics such as catering, event location reservations, invitations, event registration, event signage, room set up, etc.
9) Describe your experience supporting and implementing event logistics and include the number and size of events you were responsible for supporting in detail.
10) Indicate the highest number of years experience with meeting room scheduling.
11) Describe your experience with meeting room scheduling in detail.
12) Describe your experience and level of proficiency with using computer software and hardware.
13) List any productivity software or hardware (Microsoft Word, Excel, scanners, etc.) with which you have had at least three years of experience.
In order to be considered for employment at UNLV, ONLY the following documents MUST be attached to your application in sequence: 1) Cover Letter 2) Resume. PLEASE NOTE: The NVAPPS System will direct you not to attach a resume. Please ignore this message for UNLV positions, and attach your cover letter and resume to your application.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on February 8, 2013.
Applicants must apply online through NVAPPS, the State of Nevada on-line application system.
Click on this link to apply for the position:
If there are five or fewer qualified applicants, the exam will consist of an application evaluation. If there are more than five, the exam will consist of a written exam weighted 100%. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity.