Job Seekers, Sign In
Part-Time Instructor - Teacher Preparation « Position Deleted on 7/01/2013 »
|Institution:||Nevada State College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsExcellence Fosters Opportunity
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, Nevada State College is the first and only four year institution in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). NSC places a special emphasis on the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. The College is divided into three Schools: Education, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Education. Enrollment in the College currently exceeds 3000 students.
We are seeking committed individuals who care deeply about higher education, emphasize instructional approaches that foster student success, and are eager for continuing professional development to work collegially in the School of Education and at NSC. Adjunct faculty at the School of Education are expected to participate in professional development seminars and workshops, actively engage in assessment activities, and teach courses.
NSC invites applications for an open pool of adjunct faculty for in-person, hybrid and online courses; this posting will remain open until June 30, 2013.
- Bilingual Education
- Elementary Methods: Mathematics, Science, Social Science
- Educational Technology
- Secondary: English, History, Science and Mathematics
- Special Education
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Adjunct faculty members are compensated at the rate of $840 per credit hour.
Required Qualifications / Competencies:
- Master's degree in teaching area
- Minimum of three years (full time) experience teaching children in K-12.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to teaching, educational excellence, and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and technology skills.
- Commitment to active learning and teaching strategies.
- Doctorate in teaching area.
- Previous teaching experience with undergraduate students.
- Relevant experience in K-12 settings.
- Experience in web-based coursework.
Apply online at www.nscjobs.com
Interested applicants are required to submit a letter of interest, a detailed vitae/resume listing qualifications and experience, a sample syllabus and a letter of recommendation from his/her principal if teaching in a K-12 school. Please include the names and contact information for three professional references. Applicants will be notified before references are contacted.
Optional Application Documents:
Applicants are encouraged to submit a statement of teaching philosophy and official course evaluations.
Nevada State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from qualified members of legally protected classes. Discrimination based or race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or military status is prohibited. NSC is committed to being a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.