Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director, Graduate Advising « Position Deleted on 3/31/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland University College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAssistant Director, Graduate Advising
Office of Advising
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Range 1/Zone 3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director of Graduate Advising in the Office of Enrollment Management. The Assistant Director will supervise a team of advisors who provide a world class customer service experience with each and every student interaction, from initial contact to full student matriculation. Reporting to the Director of Graduate Advising, the Assistant Director will ensure the needs of students are met, while creating an environment that supports employee accountability through coaching and monitoring on a continuous basis. Feedback will be provided in order to promote employee performance and maintain quality assurance standards and expectations set by the Office of Enrollment Management. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Coach, monitor and evaluate employee productivity and performance through various channels, including observations in employee's environment as it pertains to customer service and enrollment efforts. Evaluations are based on the requirements and expectations set for quality assurance.
2. Develop and implement outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing student enrollment within a fast- paced, high-volume student contact center environment.
3. Develop, implement, and monitor outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing student enrollment while improving the overall student experience.
4. Create, maintain, and evaluate statistics to ensure enrollment goals are achieved while using various reporting tools available.
5. Collaborate with Director and make recommendations for individual and team training needs, opportunities, and business process improvement.
6. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: This position requires BA/BS degree and two to four (2-4) years of successful management experience, preferably within a recruitment, retention, or student service capacity in higher education. Qualified candidates must possess strong organizational communication, and interpersonal skills and outstanding customer service, sales and closing skills. Requires the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; demonstrate a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics; thrive in a consultative role; and have the ability to manage people and motivate others. This position requires the selected candidate to be able to develop and implement outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing student enrollment within a fast-paced, high volume student contract center environment. Candidates must be able to provide demonstrated proof of their ability and utilize data in order to strategically plan for desired outcomes.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Candidates with a Master's degree and/or previous supervisory experience in a call center environment with the ability to lead and motivate is strongly desired
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
UMUC - an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.