Job Seekers, Sign In
Federal Programs Analyst « Position Deleted on 2/19/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland University College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsFederal Programs Analyst
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Range 1/Zone 3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Federal Programs Analyst in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Federal Programs Analyst will assist in the day-to-day operations of all federal and non-federal loan and federal grant programs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring quality customer service and delivery of student aid to prospective and current students
- Assuring compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines
- Troubleshoots and helps resolve student problems with loans and grants
- Assist with managing undelivered Title IV refunds and/or returned checks
- Troubleshoots to resolve loan and grant records in PeopleSoft and COD
- Performs routine electronic processes for federal loan and grant programs
- Evaluate eligibility and award private loans
- Assists in the preparation of various office reports related to the federal programs
- Works closely with other campus offices and outside constituencies to resolve discrepancies to assist students
- Remains current with knowledge of federal program and fiscal regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Requirements include a Bachelor's degree and four years of work experience with 2 years in a financial aid environment. Working knowledge of financial aid Title IV regulations and programs is required. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong technological skills including knowledge of integrated financial aid systems. Proficient in COD, NSLDS and Microsoft Office applications to include: Outlook, Word and Excel.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PeopleSoft experience is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
UMUC - an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.