Job Seekers, Sign In
|Institution:||Laureate Global Products and Services - Baltimore|
The SAN Administrator will provide guidance and oversight of all storage activities within the Processing Operations team. This individual will have oversight into all projects requiring attached storage and fibre connectivity.
The Administrator will support and maintain systems in an enterprise environment. The SAN Administrator will troubleshoot and address application problems, SAN & NAS issues, network infrastructure issues, and have experience monitoring for availability, capacity and performance. Candidate will be responsible for capacity planning and infrastructure storage engineering. Creation of LUNS and associated zoning are routine tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities will include participation in an "on call" rotation and after-hours availability.
- Responsibilities include enforcing the processing operations storage and fibre standards, policies and procedures and management of all attached storage.
- Responsible for providing insight to attached storage and fibre zoning best practices to ensure efficiencies and ease of management.
- Responsible for maintaining SAN, NAS and Fibre Switch hardware, ensuring all firmware and software is maintained at current levels.
- Responsible for the configuration of all clustered solutions including Microsoft Clustering Services and Oracle RAC.
- Responsible for the administration and management of attached storage including SAN switches in an enterprise environment.
- Provide proactive monitoring for all production systems in an enterprise environment to include those related to performance, failed hardware, alert conditions and other issues that affect business operations in a production environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues related to all attached storage and fibre connectivity. Must possess the ability to identify and resolve issues in an efficient manner to minimize system downtime.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Processing Operations in ensuring all project related work is performed according to specified timelines and scope ensuring successful outcomes.
- Identify and implement efficiencies to daily processes and procedures.
- Provide Architectural oversight and guidance on all projects involving the integration of SAN, NAS and fibre solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years of experience with SAN & NAS storage deployments in an enterprise environment.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting EMC CLARiiON and Celarra products
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with Cisco and Brocade Fibre switches
- At least 5 years of experience with enterprise backup solutions such as EMC Data Domain, or Symantec NetBackup
- A propensity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and comfortable preparing documentation of team procedures and guidelines
- Experience with backing up and restoring large volumes of data, specifically SAN & NAS backup methodologies
- Experience with SnapView, SAN Copy and MirrorView
- Working knowledge of the following protocols (CIFS, NFS, SMB, FTP)
- General knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including: (DNS, DHCP and WINS )
- Must be able to work off-hours for upgrades, migrations, fixes and patches
- Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux and VMware experience a plus
- Superior customer service skills for interacting with users
Project management oriented with ability to lead project planning through implementation
- Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate detail
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize duties
- A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of a growing and dynamic enterprise.
|Contact:||Laureate Global Products and Services - Baltimore|
|Online App. Form:||https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25502&sitei d=5229&jobId=136266|