Job Seekers, Sign In
College Associate Dean for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness « Position Deleted on 3/06/2013 »
|Institution:||Suffolk County Community College|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe College Associate Dean for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness is a Guild (Unit 4) position, and, as such, the salary and benefits for this position are determined according to the salary and benefits plan for the Guild of Administrative Officers.
The College Associate Dean provides college-wide leadership within the areas of functional responsibility outlined in the position description and communicates, as a college administrative team member, with a wide range of academic and student affairs personnel. The College Associate Dean has managerial, supervisory and evaluative responsibilities for respective personnel of the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness function in the North Building. Annual performance review of College Associate Dean will be conducted by the Vice President for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness on or before June 30 of each year.
The Associate Dean for Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Vice President for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness. Specific responsibilities include:
1. designs, develops, and implements strategies to assess and improve the quality and effectiveness of all areas of the College in coordination/cooperation with the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the institution;
2. provides oversight for the collection, maintenance and distribution of all institutional data and information;
3. works collaboratively with other departments to connect strategic planning, budgeting and measurable institutional objectives;
4. coordinates activities related to focus groups, environmental scanning, SWOT analysis , Balanced Scorecard, assessment of instructional programs and all services to students and the public;
5. provides administrative support for regional and professional accreditation;
6. ensures the integrity of data, analysis, and reporting methodologies in conjunction with the Institutional Research Group;
7. provides administrative oversight and support for the ongoing development of data collection systems to support the review of academic and non-academic programs and the assessment of educational and institutional effectiveness;
8. provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic planning and benchmarking initiatives;
9. ensures that data and information are available to meet the decision-making needs of the College at all levels;
10. makes appropriate recommendations to assure that research results are applied to institutional improvement;
11. supports approved faculty and departmental data research;
12. performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
A Master's degree in a related field is required, doctorate preferred; at least four (4) years of progressive relevant institutional effectiveness experience in higher education; experience and expertise in statistics and quantitative and qualitative research methods. Knowledge of and experience with the reaffirmation of accreditation processes. Evidence of successful leadership, decision making and productivity in a collaborative higher education environment. Prior experience with planning/resource allocation/assessment software (e.g. Trac Dat, Strategic Planning Online, TK20, Excel).
Suffolk County Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educator. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, age, disability or veteran or marital status.