Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Career and Professional Development Center « Position Deleted on 3/12/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Baltimore|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDirector, Career and Professional Development Center
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300288
Regular exempt position with full benefits package
Documents must be received by: 3/11/2013
Annual Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The University of Baltimore seeks a visionary leader to provide strategic direction for the newly created Career and Professional Development Center. The Center supports the University's commitment to "Knowledge That Works." To assist in the development of UB students, the Director will lead a comprehensive and centralized model of services and resources that build 1) student self-awareness and self-advocacy; 2) support lifelong career management for students and alumni utilizing UB Career Cycle methodology; 3) assist undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni in development of 21st century skills needed to prepare for a global marketplace; and 4) foster relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (i.e. academic affairs, alumni relations, alumni, etc.) on behalf of UB students and alumni. Duties include:
Administration and Supervision
- Lead a growing team of regular and contractual employees, graduate assistants, and
student workers to meet departmental and University-wide goals.
- Manage all aspects of the staffing process including hiring,
training, supervising and evaluating personnel.
- Oversee, maintain and implement the fiscal budget for the department.
with Institutional Advancement in working with corporations and donors to raise funds for the University Career Center
- Establish and
implement strategic goals and objectives in support of the department's mission and vision.
- Create outcomes based assessments to
measure performance of services provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and set policy and procedures to meet daily
operational needs of the center.
- Prepare an annual report outlining yearly activities, goals accomplished, and statistical data of program and services offered.
- Develop strategic partnerships with academic affairs, alumni
affairs and stakeholders university-wide to integrate career services into the total academic environment
- Create mutually beneficial
relationships and outcomes with employers, to promote University of Baltimore academic programs, UB students and alumni as viable job
- Oversee the production of internal and external communications, including marketing, website and social media tools.
- Oversee the implementation and assessment of the Professional Development
Institute, a campus-wide initiative that cultivates students' professionalism and empowers them to present themselves in the job market or
for graduate school.
- Serve as content expert on career services; provide guidance to career coaches and instruction for coaching
students regarding career choice, selection of major, resume writing, cover letter, interview skills, internship and job strategies,
graduate school and other career development areas.
- Utilize cutting edge technology to support program and service
- Expand and develop creative and comprehensive career services for undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni. Conduct
research on best practices in career services, and identify educational and employment trends to meet the changing needs of employers,
students and alumni. Executes a forward
- thinking experiential education strategy that provides students with outstanding "work"
experiences and internship opportunities
- Provide career coaching workshops, class presentations and individual coaching sessions;
teach career-related courses as appropriate.
- Oversee student employment program (work-study and on/off-campus jobs)
- Master's degree in education, counseling, college student personnel, training and development or pertinent
- Knowledge and capabilities include career coaching techniques, job search strategies, employer reactions and recruitment
methods, and understanding of current trends in the career services field.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible
experience in higher education specifically in career services is required.
- Expertise with current practices in career development
and demonstrated skill in staff supervision, budget management, strategic planning, assessment and learning outcomes and career-services
technology are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, students, alumni, staff, parents and
- Demonstrate ability to work with diverse student populations
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience in developing corporate funding
- Experience and wide exposure with employment community so as to be conversant in the broad range of industries and job
- Experience in budget management and event programming.
- Experience in the use of social media
- Experience at supporting and promoting in professionalism, and customer-service orientation in a growing career
- Knowledge and understanding of student affairs.
- Understanding of the role of advancement in working with corporations and donors in raising funds for the University Career Center
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.