Job Seekers, Sign In
Digital Communications Coordinator « Position Deleted on 2/16/2013 »
|Institution:||William Peace University|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDigital Communications Coordinator
William Peace University, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, seeks applicants for a full-time Digital Communications Coordinator. The coordinator serves as the online and digital liaison for the University. This position will be responsible for the oversight and management of the University's online brand including MyPacerNet (the University intranet), the WPU website, student blogs, all social media outlets and the creation and production of video communications. The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for promoting the University and its goals through production of digital strategies and promotion efforts.
The incumbent must possess a strategic and curious mind with an ability to see potential uses for new technology in our Communications and Social Media Marketing department. This professional must be enthusiastic and enjoy writing for the Web, interacting via social networks, and developing multimedia assets that improve the content and online promotion via web sites, press releases, social media, and other channels. This position resides in a fun and fast-paced department, and the incumbent should live by details, have exceptional organization skills and have a positive attitude.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree required in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations
- Experience with, and a passion for, the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums, community software, and developing apps).
- Working knowledge and understanding of website development, content management systems, testing, search engine optimization, usability and analytics, online monitoring and measurement platforms
- Experience with photography and video production
- Documented excellent editing and writing, organization and communications skills, and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated to different audiences, from alumni, to prospective students to various media outlets.
- Experience in electronic marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content best practices, browser functionality, search engine optimization, usability and accessibility.
- Proven ability to organize multiple layers of copy and maintain consistency in voice, brand and site architecture.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and other email, social networking and scheduling applications, experience with content management software is highly desirable
- General HTML/CSS knowledge
- Experience in Higher Education
- Cover letter, resume/CV, contact information for three professional references
- Example(s) of videos produced
- Application (found here: http://www.peace.edu/files/humanresources/William_Peace_University_Employment_Application.pdf)
Deadline for Submission: Friday, February 15, 2013
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.