Job Seekers, Sign In
Associate Director of the Center for Leadership « Position Deleted on 4/13/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsElon University is currently seeking an Associate Director of the Center for Leadership. Full-time, 12-month position, reporting to the Director of the Center for Leadership. The Center provides a variety of leadership development opportunities for all Elon students, including classroom presentations, workshops, retreats, and study abroad experiences. Due to recent success in student leadership development at Elon, the Center is presented with an opportunity for expansion and strengthened programming; the Associate Director will play a key role in this growth. Our purpose is to ensure that Elon students "graduate with a stronger self-efficacy, the desire and ability to work collaboratively within diverse communities of people, as well as have the confidence and competence to put innovative ideas into action for positive change." More information about the Center can be found at http://www.elon.edu/leadership.
Primary responsibilities are listed below.
1. Provide support for the Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Program, a three-tiered leadership development program open to all undergraduate students.
2. Provide leadership development opportunities and resources for student leaders of over 200+ student organizations, clubs, and campus programs.
3. Facilitate and develop leadership workshops, presentations, simulations, self-assessment instruments, retreats, group discussions, and feedback sessions for student leaders.
4. Co-coordinate Intersect, a two-day diversity and leadership regional conference attended by 250 students from several higher education institutions, with the Multicultural Center.
5. Organize one of the Center for Leadership's summer programs (Adventures in Leadership or Alamance Youth Leadership Academy).
6. Help to supervise a group of 15 student leaders who assist in programming the various Center for Leadership initiatives.
7. Opportunity to teach a leadership-themed transition strategies course(s).
8. Create and develop new leadership development opportunities for Elon students.
9. Aid with day-to-day operations of the Center for Leadership.
10. Serve in a rotating on-call position to provide support for students in need.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree required; degree in Leadership, Higher Education, Student Development, or related field strongly preferred.
One to three years post-Master's degree professional experience in higher education setting strongly preferred. Commitment to and understanding themes of teamwork, leadership and diversity are essential. The position occasionally requires evening and weekend work.
This position will remain open until filled. Apply at www.elon.edu/employment.
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.