Visiting Web Applications Development Specialist - U of I Extension (A1300052) « Position Deleted on 3/12/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension, Office of Web Development
Visiting Web Applications Development Specialist
Location: Urbana Campus
The Visiting Web Applications Development Specialist will develop, maintain and evaluate Extension websites and database driven web applications, and will be responsible for teaching Extension staff face-to-face as well as through telephone and online consultations. This position will collaborate with Extension Administration and specialists, Extension field staff and student colleagues in carrying out the activities of the office.
Appointment: The position is defined as a full-time 12 month, visiting academic professional appointment. This position may become non-visiting in the future dependent upon funding and programmatic need. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The start date will be as soon as possible after the close date of the search.
- Responsible for software quality by debugging, code refactoring and review.
- Lead small and large web application development projects from conceptualization to launch - outlining and tracking project milestones including time, budget, and personnel.
- Work with clients to develop and document web application requirements.
- Develop and deploy data-base driven web applications.
- Maintain existing web applications and internal systems.
- Prepare and convert audio and video programs for delivery on the Internet.
- Provide leadership in the development of the En Espanol websites (In Spanish).
- Supervise student programmers in web development.
- Assist units within U of I Extension with integrating new and existing portal applications into local workflows.
- Teach Extension staff Internet skills, website management, customer data base management, as well as other topics.
- Participate in staff meetings and provide information for proposals and budget preparation.
- Develop plans for personal growth and competence. Stay up to date on current trends in design for web, mobile, desktop and tablet applications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Extension Specialist, Urban Programs/Web Coordination.
- Comply with Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University work and responsibilities.
Administrative Relationship: Reports to Extension Specialist, Urban Programs and Web Coordination
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in building database driven web applications and designing websites.
- Experience in object-orient programming and design.
- Experience in testing, debugging, refactoring and code review.
- Experience in continuous integration and quality control, using a version control system (svn).
- Experience in industry standard processes including accessibility issues.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Three years experience in database management, computer programming web design and/or Mobile App. development.
- Experience with editing audio/video for use on the web
- Proficient in Spanish
Application Procedure: Please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter and resume addressing your qualifications as they align with the job description. In addition, step one of the online application will require the names and contact information of three professional references. All requested information must be submitted by March 7, 2013 for your application to be considered for this position.
Finalists will be asked for three letters of reference and transcripts. For further information about the position, please contact Jane Scherer at email@example.com.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).