Job Seekers, Sign In
Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director « Position Deleted on 4/15/2013 »
|Institution:||Pima Medical Institute|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDirect the Respiratory Therapy clinical education through instruction of students to ensure training of quality patient care.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of clinical instructors.
- Secure new clinical sites and contractual agreements.
- Visit clinical facilities, provide guidance and counseling with regard to teaching practices. Ensure students receive technical instruction from instructors at clinical sites. Instruct students at clinical sites.
- Ensure all students receive medical physician contacts. Develop guidelines for students to maintain physician interaction in the clinical setting. Maintain records of medical direction.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a clinical assignment for students. Coordinate the scheduling of students within the department. Develop clinical objectives and evaluations. Conduct orientation for students to each clinical education site.
- Monitor competency evaluations and review clinical records with students. Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Instructs students in both classroom theory and learning laboratory. Prepare lecture plans and materials. Provide feedback to students.
- Coordinate the clinical education for the Respiratory Therapy program, to include clinical faculty schedules. Coordinate and revise the clinical education plan. Recommend changes to the Program Director.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Collaborate with public and community respiratory care agencies.
- May assist the Program Director with student applicants for admission into the program.
Baccalaureate degree. Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) State license. Four (4) years of experience as a hospital/clinical respiratory therapist. Two (2) years of instructor experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program. Must hold current respiratory therapy licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field. Verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
Pima Medical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, national origin, creed, veteran status, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.