Job Seekers, Sign In
Online Associate Faculty - Mathematics (Adjunct) « Position Deleted on 4/08/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAshford University is looking for faculty to teach undergraduate mathematics courses, in particular sections of Introduction to Algebra and Intermediate Algebra. As an online institution, candidates with online experience and/or experience teaching mathematics are preferred. But candidates who have demonstrated experience and expertise in related mathematics fields (physics, programming, computer science) will be considered.
The Online Associate Faculty member performs duties relating to online instruction including but limited to: posting faculty guidance and expectations, participating in classroom discussion boards, grading assignments and promptly responding to student inquiries. This is an online adjunct teaching position and reports to the Executive Dean.
Essential Job Duties:
- Posting faculty guidance and expectations
- Participating in classroom discussion boards
- Grading assignments and responding to student inquiries
- Providing timely feedback to students' questions and concerns
- Place a strong emphasis on student-centered learning
- Collaborates with other University departments to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company's core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and commitment to teaching in an online environment
- Work related experience in the area of your Masters Degree
- College level teaching experience
- Doctorate degree in related field
- Experience teaching in area of degree
- Experience teaching in the online classroom
- Experience teaching in "non-traditional" settings to students
- Hold a minimum of a Masters Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Master's Degree in Math or Masters' in math related degree field (physics, programming, computer science) with nine credit units of math or statistics; or master's degree in Education with a math Credential.