Security Architect - West Lafayette - IT Security & Policy (Job Number: 1202018)
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
|Posted:||02/18/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 12/17/2012)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The Security Architect will be responsible for maintaining the security of Purdue University's computer systems. Manage the security operations and proactively improve operational technologies and processes in order to improve the security posture for Purdue University. Manage and guide staff who are responsible for either incident response, tools development, application administration, security consulting, security monitoring, or vulnerability management. Provide technical security architecture solutions to campus, consult with administrative and academic computing groups, and provide presentations as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Business, Management or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of technical information security experience.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience leading complex security initiatives.
- Experience supervising technical staff with the ability to lead and manage staff and projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting complex IT security solutions.
- The ability to interact with a variety of individuals at different levels in a professional manner.
- In-depth knowledge and skill architecting security solutions, including Incident Response tools and processes and security operations.
- Knowledge of the needs of academic and administrative computer users with regard to security, and adapting existing and emerging security technologies.
- Ability to manage services; demonstrated success in establishing internal and external partnerships for collaboration and major initiatives.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to think analytically.
- Higher education work experience.
- Multiple technical security certifications such as: CISSP and GIAC.
Employment in this position will require a background check for both new and current University employees.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
|Contact:||Human Resource Services
|Phone:||765-496-JOBS (5627) or 800-213-9202|
|Online App. Form:||http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?job=173540&lang=en&s ns_id=mailto|