Job Seekers, Sign In
Area Coordinator « Position Deleted on 4/01/2013 »
|Location:||Rock Island, IL|
|Salary:||$30,000 to $32,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOverview: Has primary supervisory responsibility for approximately 600 students in a residential setting. Lives in a residence hall or designated housing and works closely with assigned professional and student staff. Develops, maintains and oversees programs with the goal or providing an active living/learning environment in a safe and comfortable atmosphere.
1. Develop rapport and maintain relationships with students in the supervised residence hall(s) or area that facilitate strong student connections and personal development of the students. Serve as an advisor to Hall Council.
2. Develop programs within the residence hall to achieve overall outcomes and goals of the college including community building, integrated learning, multicultural interactions and learning, and others. Assist in finding new ways to achieve student growth and high impact experiences within the residential setting.
3. Hold regular office hours and be available for conversation and consultation with students on a regular basis - particularly during evening hours. Identify students in need of additional service and coordinate referrals to others on campus and/or off campus.
4. Supervise a student staff of Assistant Resident Directors, Community Advisors and Desk Assistants. Oversee the work products, provide direction and development, and provide feedback both positive and negative. Develop a meeting schedule to promote regular communication and staff development.
5. Oversee and maintain hall checking accounts and budgetary records. Process payroll for student staff members.
6. Serve in the on-call duty rotation with responsibility for 24/7 response approximately one week per month. Respond to calls and involve others as necessary for appropriate response in these situations.
7. Participate and work with the other members of the Residential Life department on projects and initiatives. Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings. Take on additional projects as assigned and necessary.
8. Establishes, tracks and reports on appropriate metrics including occupancy reports, student issues, check-in and check-out issues and others. Create reports and documentation regarding student issues and concerns.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree strongly preferred in a related field such as Higher Ed. Administration, College Student Personnel or Counseling.
Experience: 2 years of Residential Life experience preferred.
Travel: Travel limited to professional conferences and association meetings.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Special Requirements: As key personnel overseeing student concerns, this position requires residence on campus in a designated housing unit. This position requires the ability and willingness to model the mission and high standard of behavior of Augustana College. Area Coordinators are expected to a make a commitment to continue in their positions for the next academic year by January 15th.
Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer