Job Seekers, Sign In
Academic Systems Engineer, #S05182 « Position Deleted on 4/03/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
|Organization:||Information & Systems Technology|
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Job Title: Academic Systems Engineer
Position #: S0 5182
Salary: $26.90-36.32 per hour
Online applications must be received by Monday, April 2, 2013.
Montgomery College, Gaithersburg Business Training Center, Office of Information Technology, has need for a full-time Academic Systems Engineer, #S05182. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with evening, weekend, holidays and overtime hours required based on department needs as well as being on-call. Position is funded from alternative funding.
This position has three main areas of responsibility:
- Implementation, ongoing management and replacement of VMware vCenter clusters that support the instructional and administrative activities of Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
- Implementation, ongoing management and replacement of desktop operating systems; server operating systems, enterprise applications, roles and services.
- Design, build, test, document, deploy, maintain, update and troubleshoot academic physical and virtual base images including building and maintaining the processes and procedures to create and recreate these images.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience, in Information Technology or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in Information Technology including:
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible technology leadership/project management experience, and
- Two (2) years proven and successful technical documentation experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows operating systems; server operating systems and enterprise applications, roles and services.
- Must have knowledge of and experience using virtualization software such as these VMware products; vCenter, virtual clusters including vCenter, vSphere and View.
- Must have knowledge and experience building and deploying images using imaging tools such as Ghost or Altiris.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, speaking and writing skills, be a team player, and adaptable to constant change.
- Must have the ability to lift standard computer equipment and be capable of installing/removing and moving computer hardware.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Two (2) years of experience leading the engineering of windows images.
- Two (2) years of experience using the Microsoft Office suite and/or the Adobe Web, Designer, or Master suite to create technical documentation.
- Experience with Mac OS X and Linux
- Knowledge of protocols such as TCP/IP, and networking hardware such as switches, and routers.
- Project Management certificate.
- Online applications must be received by Monday, April 2, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
2. complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
3. e-sign your application (Step 9)
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of official transcripts for relevant degrees
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.