Job Seekers, Sign In
Vice President of Business and Finance « Position Deleted on 5/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Charlotte School of Law|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsVICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
Charlotte School of Law is seeking a Vice President of Business and Finance (VPBF). The VPBF serves as the Chief Financial Officer leading the School towards favorable long-term financial results in support of the School's mission. The VPBF provides oversight to the financial, budgeting, security, financial aid, facility management and space planning functions, as well as the business office.
The VPBF represents the School within the InfiLaw consortium and to the outside community on matters related to business and finance. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VPBF works closely with the School's leadership (president, dean and other associate deans), faculty, staff, students, and other service providers to develop and implement the School's strategy.
The School is a member of The InfiLaw System, a consortium of independent law schools committed to making legal education more responsive to the realities of new career dynamics. Its mission is to establish student-centered, American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law schools in underserved markets that graduate students with practice-ready skills, and achieve true diversity programs aimed at student academic and career success.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keeps the School's mission and vision in focus in all aspects of financial performance and goal prioritization.
- Provides direction in optimizing the use of the School's financial resources in collaboration with the management team.
- Deploys resources in pursuit of maximum competitive advantage and achieves goals.
- Prepares all budgets, analyzes financial activities and performance against budget, makes adjustments, and takes action as needed.
- Effectively leads staff members to ensure efficient and effective completion of all administrative and financial services.
- Ensures high quality delivery in the following managed areas: Finance, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Security, and Facilities / Building Maintenance.
- Primary liaison with internal and external auditors on all financial inquiries.
- Master's degree in finance and accounting from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or accounting required.
- CPA highly desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of leadership in a higher education setting.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a leadership role either in the top financial position at a smaller university or the number two position (or equivalent) in a larger university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years total financial background.
- Strong knowledge of computer based financial systems.
- Experience working with Boards and other business leaders.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience.
- Significant experience in finance, budget, fiscal operations, facilities, financial aid, security management and auxiliary enterprises.
- Demonstrated leadership in supervision, team building and interpersonal relations.
- Record of progressively responsible administrative and leadership experience in public administration, or accounting and finance, preferably in higher education.
- Experience in higher education, academic, or legal environment highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required due to high level interaction with students and faculty.
- A strong commitment to Charlotte School of Law's mission pillars of student centeredness, practice preparedness, and serving the underserved.
If helping others and working in a dynamic workplace is what you feel passionate about and you are looking for a new challenge and a chance to put your experience to work in an innovative environment - Charlotte School of Law may be the place for you.
To submit a job application for this opening, please visit www.charlottelaw.edu, click the "Join Our Team" link, enter 1301 into the Requisition Number field or search by job title (Keywords section), and click the View Jobs button. Single click on the job title and click the Apply button. Follow application prompts.
Charlotte School of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.