Assistant Director, Convergent Media « Position Deleted on 4/06/2013 »
|Institution:||Illinois State University|
Job Summary/Responsibilities: The person assigned to this position will have the responsibility of managing a specific group of individuals within the Information Technology area of the School of Communication. This includes defining projects, prioritizing activities, managing human resources, defining resource needs to the Associate Director, budgetary responsibilities, information architecture/infrastructure planning and modeling and providing classroom instruction for one class per semester.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in communication, visual arts or related field is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS.
- Knowledge of various desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Final Cut.
- Experience managing and building computer labs is a must. Must have experience working in an Active Directory environment.
- Must have basic knowledgeable of Digital Photography Equipment including cameras, printers, accessories, and studio maintenance.
- Must have demonstrative knowledge of computer hardware maintenance.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for working with a wide variety of constituents.
- Sound organizational, planning and budgeting abilities.
- Teaching and classrom experience.
- Abilty to teach web design or related content.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining interpersonal work relationships.
- Experience with non-linear digital video editing and process
- Experience with sound editing and recording
- Web design, development and management experience, xhtml, css, and related language.
- Database development and management knowledge.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Proposed Start Date: May 2013