Database and Systems Administrator « Position Deleted on 4/19/2013 »
|Institution:||Coppin State University|
Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for a Database and Systems Administrator. Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban, residential, historically black university offering 28 undergraduate majors, 12 graduate majors, and 8 certificate programs; nearly 4,000 students are enrolled in day, evening, on-line, and weekend undergraduate and graduate courses.
As part of the Technical Support group, this individual will provide support for ERP and ancillary systems in a high profile and demanding IT environment. Individual will identify, analyze, design and implement database technologies, features and services.
- Partner with application and infrastructure colleagues to design and implement
- Develop and enhance technical processes and procedures.
- Reporting to the Assistant Director of
- Responsible for following and ensuring that database related policies and procedures are in effect.
- Setup and maintain adequate backup and recovery procedures to meet business continuity and DR requirement.
- Act as backup for
the lead DBA and other duties as assigned.
- This position requires weekends and after hours work.
- Maintain and configure
server related ERP application problems.
- Troubleshoot and correct server related ERP application problems.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline.
- 3+ years of proven SQL server
DBA experience providing backup/ recovery support
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL Server 2008/ R2.
knowledge of stored procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft ERP-PIA Architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of
- Windows server 2008/ R2.
- Maintain existing database systems with the ability to troubleshoot and correct
- Ability to write SQL statements, stored procedures and functions.
- Ability to work with other team members to modify/ create SQL statements, stored procedures and functions.
- Hardware and software evaluation and installation.
- Logical and physical database design
- Structured testing of database designs, applications and technology platforms.
administration, backup and recovery techniques.
- Development of policies, standards and procedures related to the database
- Perform routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for at least three references to:
Coppin State University
Office of Human Resources
2500 West North Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21216-3698
Coppin State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution which provides educational and employment opportunities on the basis of merit and without discrimination or harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Reasonable accommodation may be requested for the hiring process, as necessary, by calling 410-951-3666.