Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director of Institutional Assessment and Research « Position Deleted on 7/10/2013 »
|Location:||New Rochelle, NY|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, the Assistant Director is charged with co-creating a culture of evidence for student outcomes and progress to degree. The Assistant Director will conduct survey research and analysis, manage the submission of reportable data, and collaborate with institutional units to perform assessments and benchmark evaluations. The Assistant Director provides leadership, coordination and expertise in designing, implementing, and interpreting research projects including, but not limited to: operational and learning outcomes, institutional research data sets, student satisfaction and benchmarking, institutional/cultural climate studies, participation in national assessments/surveys, and accreditation support. The work of the Assistant Director requires a high level of effective collaboration with the academic and academic support units.
- Master's degree in area related to social scientific research, student learning outcomes assessment, statistics, education research, or other research-oriented discipline related to application of research methodologies consistent with social scientific principles; Bachelor's degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum three to five years full time experience in higher education institutional research, market research, or similar profession
- Experience with statistical analysis tool, including SPSS, SAS, STATA or similar statistical package.
- Ability to understand mission alignment and broad planning frameworks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex statistical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Effective and collaborative management skills.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned goals in a timely manner.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Conduct evaluation/research designed to support departments' assessment and decision-making needs; including planning, data gathering, data analysis, and report preparation for assigned projects.
- Use principles of research and measurement theory to develop multi-dimensional, rigorous and trustworthy methods that assess student progress to degree, including consideration of attitudinal characteristics, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and human subjects ethics.
- Design and administrate institution's survey, focus group, one-on-one, and similar research initiatives with students.
- Analyze, interpret, and disseminate available data from professional literature, national data banks, institutional effectiveness research, and other student-related studies specific to assigned projects.
- In conjunction with the Director, provide one-on-one and group consultation to internal stakeholders to address unit assessment and evaluation needs and guide staff in defining measurable program goals and actionable outcomes.
- In conjunction with the Director, prepare correspondence and reports about institutional assessment activities within the division including the contributions of the division toward student learning, retention, and success.
- Assist in planning and conducting professional development activities to enhance the institution's assessment, evaluation, and research competencies.
Dr. Joseph Wycoff
Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Iona College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.