Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 8/08/2013 »
|Institution:||Bay Path College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJoin Us... in building a NEW American Women's College for the 21st Century
Become part of a vibrant community of world-class professionals transforming the lives of a motivated and diverse student population. A pioneer in innovative academic programs since 1897 and one of the fastest growing colleges in New England, Bay Path College is seeking qualified candidates for the following full time position:
Director of Institutional Research
Position oversees a broad range of planning, research, and evaluation processes in support of the College's goals and initiatives. Responsible for the development, administration and maintenance of new and existing research instruments designed to assess key institutional outcomes and indicators of institutional effectiveness. Position supports the information needs of the President's cabinet and senior administration through the comprehensive collection, statistical analysis and dissemination of research findings to inform the planning, budgeting, decision-making, grant writing and goal-setting activities of the College. Coordinates and responds to surveys from both external agencies and internal constituencies and serves to provide institutional reporting and analytical capabilities through centralized data management processes. A primary responsibility is ensuring the integrity and consistency of the data provided to institutional decision-makers, governmental agencies and other internal and external constituencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate the collection, statistical analysis and interpretation of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators including enrollment, retention, recruiting, marketing and assessment; provides dissemination of compiled research reports and completion of external surveys including, but not limited to US News, College Board, IPEDS.
- Improve existing data collection strategies and develop new approaches and procedures, as needed, for the collection and analysis of institutional data and the distribution of research reports to external agencies and internal constituencies.
- Coordinate with Institutional Advancement Office on data collection and reporting strategies to inform and support grant-writing activities.
- Work closely with Executive Director of Academic Planning, Assessment and Effectiveness on data collection and reporting to facilitate the analysis, interpretation and reporting of assessment data.
- Evaluate and recommend assessment instruments and methodologies.
- Provide direct support to the Advising and Retention Coordinator in analyzing and reporting student retention results.
- Coordinate with Information Technology Services to extract and combine datasets contained within the enterprise-wide relational database management system and other institutional data sources into meaningful, comprehensive research reports.
- Support college departments and committees by generating and analyzing relevant data and assist in use of data for decision making purposes.
- Perform advanced descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends.
- Develop, maintain and enforce standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity for report creation and dissemination.
- Oversee annual production of College Fact Book and maintenance of Common Data Set to inform the community and provide on-demand access to key performance metrics including, but not limited to:
o Census and demographic data
o Financial Aid information
- Maintain College Institutional Research website for dissemination of policies, procedures as well as the Fact Book
- Develop and produce internal reports in the areas of enrollment, demographics, persistence, progression-to-degree, graduation rates and other institutional quality measures using a battery of standardized and ad hoc collection measures.
- Conducts research studies as requested by the President, members of the President's cabinet and senior management of the College
- Maintain confidentiality of security sensitive data and information, requiring a holistic institutional perspective and good judgment.
- Serve as a member of appropriate institutional committees as requested.
- Respond to and anticipate ad-hoc request from within the College for data from existing reports or from external data sources (e.g., IPEDS data)
- Provide technical guidance and support to departments on the completion of external surveys for various agencies including support for institutional self-study, accreditation, assessment and program review
- Foster collaborative, collegial, flexible, team-based, and customer-service oriented relationships with all areas of the College as well as external agencies
- Assist with the administration and analysis of student, alumni, faculty and staff surveys used to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness
- Maintains currency in the knowledge and techniques of federal and state reporting requirements and the standards of Institutional Research
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path College is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.