Research Analyst « Position Deleted on 8/29/2013 »
|Institution:||Delta Career Education Corporation|
|Location:||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Job Locations:||US-VA-Virginia Beach|
|Campus:||Corporate Offices - Virginia Beach|
The Research Analyst supports Marketing and Admissions to ensure that decision-making is supported by timely, accurate, and cost-effective marketplace data and analysis. He/She works collaboratively with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs and to deliver actionable insights. This position maintains knowledge of and applies advanced analytical and statistical modeling to perform research and analysis.
- Minimum: Bachelor¹s degree in an analytical/quantitative discipline (e.g., math, science, economics, engineering, finance, business, etc.) Experience with advanced analytical and statistical modeling and software
- Preferred: Experience with computer programming
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL skills
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to research, analyze and solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills (in-person, via phone, and through written documents and emails)
- Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Committed to getting high-quality work done on-time
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- The ability to quickly pick up new software and data tools
- Knowledge of / familiarity with marketing analytics
I. Conducts Market Research
- Conducts primary research to understand customer needs and identify opportunities to enhance the value proposition of Delta Career Education.
- Conducts market research to identify opportunities for improvements, develop new concepts and offerings, and influence program innovation.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data collected from internal systems using SQL queries and other basic statistics and qualitative assessments.
- Prepares reports of research findings to clearly communicate insights and recommendations to internal clients and to senior management.
- Responds to ad hoc data requests and other related analysis requests in a timely manner.
- Develops comprehensive, relevant, and engaging recommendation-based presentations to share with key stakeholders.
- Presents recommendations to internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Admissions, etc.) to support the development and communication of marketing strategies and plans.
- Prepares and presents presentations for monthly and quarterly reviews on key marketing data (e.g., peer benchmarking, marketplace trends, etc.).