Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 9/14/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION: The position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology but has University-wide responsibilities. The Institutional Research department is charged with developing and maintaining an institutional research program intended to further institutional strategic planning initiatives, policy formulation, administrative decision-making, marketing and accreditation. This is accomplished via report creation, database queries, statistical analysis, and survey creation tasks all done in close collaboration with campus departments both academic and administrative.
In addition, the Institutional Research department is charged with reporting on the institution's Key Performance Indicators and other University performance metrics and facts. Selective data is published on the University website and supplied to government agencies and accreditation bodies. The director oversees the other member of the Institutional Research department and ensures the department fulfills all of its duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES, BESIDES SUPERVISION, MAY INCLUDE:
· Help coordinate research studies and projects; design, compile, organize, analyze, and report statistical and demographic data.
· Ensure data gathering is designed and conducted in a manner to provide the quality of data required by the research effort.
· Coordinate major surveys such as the administration of student and employee surveys.
· Coordinate data gathering required in support of academic program planning.
· Support the documenting and reporting on activities intended to enhance the university's performance, such as Title V and KPI's.
· Coordinate annual studies, including IPEDS and CDS, insure timely and consistent reporting, and prepare and transmit appropriate information to external and internal entities.
· Provide easy access to institutional published data throughout the University. This includes publicizing "what" data is available and "how" to get it.
· Ensure institutional published data is properly managed in terms of security and confidentiality: protecting the data from unauthorized access, alteration, and loss.
· Publish and/or disseminate institutional data and reports as directed.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Higher education experience is required):
· Expertise should include: assessment, relational database structures, research methods, process analysis, performance measurement and research analysis.
· At least three years of progressively responsible experience including success in at least three of the following: design and administration of assessment instruments, analysis of survey data, support of accreditation processes, federal and state reporting for higher education, and institutional and department performance measurement.
· At least three years of experience building complex electronic reports requiring relational database design experience. Statistical analysis experience is a plus.
· Expertise with statistical software such as SPSS or STATA, relational database technology, MS Office Suite especially MS Excel, and SQL query writing. Experience programming with C# is helpful but not required.
· Able to work with faculty and staff to design and implement assessment surveys and assist with the analysis of the results. Ability to work with and report on quantitative and qualitative research data.
· Experience using external data sources such as those provided by IPEDS, NCES, Dept. of Education and the National Student Clearinghouse is a plus.
· Experience and familiarity with project management. Good time management is essential with a track record of being able to meet deadlines.
· Ability to facilitate group work and to work effectively and collaboratively with people at all levels of the University, including staff, faculty, and officers.
· Strong oral, written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills.
· A proactive, can-do attitude.
· A master's degree is required.
Applications by qualified candidates are accepted immediately and until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest addressing qualifications; resume; salary history; and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Human Resources Office
7500 Glenoaks Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91504-1052
Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its people and programs.