Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Analyst - Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 11/26/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Research Analyst will be responsible for supporting institutional research at Capella, such as providing data and insights for accreditation, licensure, and regulatory as well as data and insights for internal and external audiences. The primary functions will be data extraction, preparation, insights, analysis, and reporting for a wide variety of business and academic needs. This position will also support the team with its research agendas and ad-hoc requests in the areas of: data reporting, data quality, insightful presentation, primary research, market research, research designs, methodologies, and analytical techniques.
- Data reporting and statistical analysis on a variety of survey and institutional data to support Capella's strategic priorities and institutional research priorities for both internal and external presentation. Primary audiences include accreditation, licensure, and regulatory teams; external reporting needs; internal business stakeholders; and senior management.
- Engage in various research activities in collaboration with the team in these following areas: research design, implementation, data quality, and analysis
- Provide detailed and high quality reports and relevant insights to internal and external audiences
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of trends in higher education, including regulatory trends (e.g., U.S. Department of Education, Minnesota Office of Higher Education)
- Identify challenges and opportunities and design and implement improvements in existing processes
- Maintain an understanding and develop collaboration with enterprise reporting teams for source data, surveys, and their databases (e.g., enterprise data warehouse)
- 2-5 years of experience in analyzing and reporting on quantitative and qualitative data
- Bachelor's degree in related field, advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- College level statistical training is required, and some experience in applying that knowledge in an academic or business setting is preferred.
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, social science, higher education, or equivalent degree in other quantitative or technical fields preferred.
- Advanced user of one or two of the industry standard analytical tools, database, and spreadsheets such as SAS, SPSS, SQL, Microsoft Access, or Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and integrate findings in a report.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work with other functional groups and communicate effectively with senior management
- Attention to detail, ability to organization information effectively.
- Highly motivated and self-directed team player and problem-solver
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking in an analytical and technology based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
- Exemplary technical skills preferred
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced working environment
225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
To apply online: http://www.capella.edu/careers
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our employees; which include a competitive medical coverage plan, dental coverage, as well as different levels of disability coverage. In addition, we offer a great 401K program, paid time off, and all fulltime employees are eligible to take Capella University classes at no charge.
We are honored to be named one of the Best Places to Work in 2008, 2009, and 2010 by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.