Evaluation Researcher « Position Deleted on 12/06/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Wisconsin - Madison|
Position Vacancy Listing: PVL # 77979
Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 10/17/13
Official Title: ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN)
Degree and area of specialization:
Master's degree in public health or related field required. PhD or equivalent in related field preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least 3 years of relevant, progressive research or program evaluation experience preferred.
We are looking for a candidate with comprehensive organizational, analytical, and writing skills, with a strong foundation in program evaluation methods.
- Experience in program evaluation or conducting evaluation research, particularly in the area(s) of public health, public policy, and/or criminal justice.
- Experience applying program evaluation methods.
- Experience developing and implementing evaluation plans, logic models, and evaluation tools (e.g., surveys, personal interviews).
- Experience providing technical assistance and evaluation support for local/county coalitions addressing public health issues
- Experience in project leadership.
- Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with data entry and data management techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilizing software such SPSS, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel for both small and large data sets.
- Experience summarizing, reporting, and sharing evaluation data and results in a variety of settings for state and county agencies.
- Interest in and understanding of the interaction between public health, social determinants of health, and public policy.
- Evidence of collaborative work with multiple stakeholders across a variety of public and private settings.
- Works well independently, as well as with a team. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
The Evaluation Researcher will perform research and evaluation tasks in support of ongoing Population Health Institute projects. Under the general supervision of PHI Principal Investigator(s) this advanced level position performs all primary functions involved in evaluation of a variety of behavioral health programs at PHI.
The position is a technical expert who is responsible for independently designing, conducting and coordinating evaluation of programs/initiatives related to homelessness, substance abuse treatment, and alternatives to incarceration. To carry out the responsibilities of the position, the incumbent applies evidence-based evaluation designs and methodologies, utilizes advanced statistical techniques, uses statistical software packages for data management and manipulation, interprets results, and prepares written and oral reports for partners.
- Candidate will be able to work well independently, as well as with a team. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
- Travel is required. Must be able to provide own transportation or qualify to use a UW vehicle. To qualify to use a UW vehicle, must have a valid driver's license (driving record will be checked initially and routinely), and meet the UW Risk Management Driving Authorization and Car Fleet requirements and eligibility.
A period of evaluation will be required
Appointment Type: Academic Staff
Department(s): SMPH/POP HEALTH SCI
Full Time Salary Rate: Minimum $46,000 ANNUAL (12 months) Depending on Qualifications
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Appointment percent: 65% - 80%
Anticipated begin date: JANUARY 01, 2014
Number of Positions: 1
To Ensure Consideration:
Application must be received by: OCTOBER 31, 2013
How To Apply:
To apply, send a letter describing how your experiences fit the required qualifications, a resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #77979 to Andrew Fisher at address noted.
Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #77979 to:
UW Population Health Institute
Department of Population Health Sciences
610 Walnut Street, Room 575
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )