Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Evaluation Analyst « Position Deleted on 11/22/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Massachusetts - Medical School|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsLocated in Worcester, the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) is one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the country and is home to the School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and the Graduate School of Nursing. Ranked 7th in primary-care education and 48th in research among the United States' 125 medical schools in the 2012 U.S. News & World Report annual guide, "America's Best Graduate Schools," UMMS is also a world recognized research center. During the past four decades UMMS researchers have made advances in a broad range of disease families, from HIV and infectious diseases to cancer, genetic disorders, diabetes and immune disease.
UMMS faculty discovered the link between the immune system and type-1 diabetes, found the genetic cause underlying the third-most-common form of the muscular dystrophies, established the fundamental difference between HIV and other retroviruses and co-discovered RNA interference (a gene-silencing process which has become a tool in research focused on such areas as diabetes, HIV/AIDS and cancer).
The mission of the University of Massachusetts Center for Clinical and Translational Science (UMCCTS) is to move laboratory discoveries into treatments for patients, to engage communities in clinical research, and to train a new generation of researchers. Through the center, we will facilitate greater efficiency and productivity of UMass investigators across campuses to enhance the public's health.
The UMCCTS is part of a national Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) consortium created to accelerate laboratory discoveries into treatments for patients. The CTSA program is led by the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS).
The Research Evaluation Analyst will be responsible for the development and implementation of the evaluation and tracking plan for the UMCCTS. In this role you will work with program leaders to develop evaluation plans; implement evaluation processes, engage in primary/secondary data collection; and analyze and synthesize results. You will also work closely with biomedical informatics faculty and staff to develop and collect UMCCTS survey data using REDCap or similar software tools. In this role, you will provide information to leadership regarding state of the art data management systems and opportunities to enhance analyses, system integration and related databases.
You will also:
- Track and organize the overall evaluation program; participate in project meetings related to data analysis and management; conduct in-depth analysis of project data, performing computations with a high degree of independence all while ensuring accuracy of reports by data review and resolving discrepancies internally for assigned reports; provide interpretation of data to senior management
- Design and develop data collection instruments, databases and procedure manuals based on thorough knowledge of data files, related databases, and systems integration
- Attend and participate in meetings on behalf of the evaluation program, interact with UMCCTS faculty and staff to capture work being done by all UMCCTS programs
- Produce data analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals, presentations at scientific meetings, and progress reports
- Provide periodic reports to management regarding status of assigned projects and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and review project activities related to data
Experience with qualitative research methods such as instrument development, qualitative interviewing, field observations, and focus groups is preferred, along with experience with survey research methods such as questionnaire development / testing and survey administration/management.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE