Job Seekers, Sign In
P/T Desktop Support Technician « Position Deleted on 1/12/2014 »
|Location:||Staten Island, NY|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Information Technology department is seeking an ideal candidate to fulfill the part-time Desktop Support Technician position.
Job Purpose: To assist and support the Wagner community with campus technology resources and facilitate instructional settings in support of pedagogy. Troubleshoot and resolve problems involving all computing resources such as hardware (Macs & PCs, multi-function printers, telephony and networking equipment) and software applications (MS office, Adobe Suite, etc). Deploy computers by implementing hardware-appropriate, standardized images. Dispatch and manage helpdesk tickets.
- Manage the deployment of computing resources throughout the campus
- Troubleshoot and maintain functionality and working condition of all computing resources including computers, printers, media, telephony,& networking equipment
- Assist in the planning and design/redesign of classrooms and facilities to accommodate teaching and learning
- Create policies and procedures to streamline work flow
- Document standard operating procedures and provide/deliver training materials
- Manage and maintain department records/database/inventory
- Maintain cross connectivity of all equipment with, but not limited to, IT resources such as laptops, SMART Boards, interactive projectors, video conferencing tools, document scanners, etc.
- Customer service/front desk/office management
- Evaluate and test new instructional tools
- Provide connectivity for "livestreaming"
- Produce reports on equipment usage, and life cycle
- Be the college's point-person and technology expert during college events such as Commencement, Guest Speakers, Board of Trustee Meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned b the Director of Client Services
- Project management
- Supervise part-time and student workers
Work Experience: Two (2) to three (3) consecutive years of media, help desk, customer service & support experience in an educational environment desired. Extensive computer (Mac and PC) hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge.
Education: At least an Associates Degree in a technical discipline or a Bachelor's of Science or Engineering degree with related experience highly favored.
Certifications: A+, Network +, ACMT preferred but not required.
Desired Work Traits: Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously, to work independently, maintain effective working relationships with all college constituents, to lift up to 60 lbs.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with SchoolDude or other HelpDesk ticketing stystem, proficient in Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, Office Suite, Adobe Suite, media conversion. As well as imaging/cloning programs such as Ghost, ZenWorks, CloneZilla, Time Machine, System Image Utility, Carbon Copy Cloner, NetBoot, Casper, DeployStudio etc. Anti-viral, anti-malware software such as McAfee & Malware-Bytes.
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Possess good interpersonal, customer service & problem solving skills. Knowledge of Help Desk & customer service methods and procedures.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: HOURS THAT MAY BE OUT OF THE ORDINARY (SUCH AS MUST BE AVAILABLE ON NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS, PHYSICAL DEMONDS OF BEING ABLE TO LIFT/MOVE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 25 TO 60 POUNDS.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Located in an increasingly diverse metropolitan area, Wagner College is committed to scholarship and community outreach relevant to the needs of New York City. Wagner values campus diversity (domestic and international) and in keeping with this initiative, it welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity and internationalization efforts.