Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Analyst « Position Deleted on 2/08/2014 »
|Institution:||Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University|
|Location:||Daytona Beach, FL|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOrganization Name: Institutional Research
Division: Daytona Beach, FL
Perform survey research and data collection for University studies designed to examine and track the characteristics, opinions, and experiences of students, alumni, employers, etc.
- responsible for all aspects of each survey project,
- to include consultation with faculty, staff, and administrators
- determining best methods for data collection
- establishing and managing timelines and tasks
- developing scripts and facilitating focus groups
- designing questionnaire content, wording, and layout
- managing and maintaining data files, producing and interpreting output
- conducting research for comparative statistics, performing statistical tests of significance
- creating meaningful summary reports, and disseminating and presenting findings
- Determine survey project timelines and tasks, and manage their execution
- Identify survey target audience and utilize sampling methods in determining the sample cohort. Develop survey content, wording, scales, and flow.
- Develop scripts and facilitate focus groups
- Import and export data files between software packages to convert raw, scanned data into clean, manageable files and apply statistical weights where necessary
- Program statistical software to produce summary data tables, relevant breakouts, and run basic inferential statistical tests where appropriate
- Interpret and summarize quantitative and or qualitative data and findings into a report, including graphs and comparative data where appropriate
- Disseminate results in a timely manner.
- Meet with individuals who request a new survey to evaluate their needs and provide guidance as to the best method of data collection
- Assist university faculty and staff in utilizing and refining existing survey instruments as appropriate to their specific needs
- Ensure that ongoing survey results are disseminated in a timely manner to coincide with departmental assessment activities, and provide assistance in understanding the results
- Present survey research results to interested parties and participate in any follow up meetings
- Prepare reports of survey project results for presentation to students, faculty, staff, or other interested parties
- Prepare customized reports of survey results to support the Universitys program review and accreditation needs
- Respond to ad hoc requests for survey results from external agencies, e.g. college guides, state agencies and the University community.
A Bachelors degree is required. Area of study in Social Science Research based, such as Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Measurement, or related discipline. An additional 1 to 3 years of related work experience, or an MS degree is preferred.
- Experience with survey design principles e.g. defining target and sample cohorts, creating questionnaire content, wording, scales, and flow
- Familiarity with online and paper based survey software and hardware tools and administration procedures e.g. communication, tracking of non respondents, collection of data into importable files, etc.
- Experience with statistical software, preferably SPSS at the syntax programming level, to examine and clean data, and produce summary tables of results
- Experience in using graphics, spreadsheet, and word processing software such as Microsoft Office products for presentation of data
- Familiarity with research methods, descriptive statistical analyses, and reporting of statistical data.Familiarity with focus group design and facilitation
- Ability to verify, and interpret data
- Knowledge of institutional research and its practices and issues in higher education.Knowledge of Embry Riddle culture, organization, and academics is a plus
- Willingness to adapt to job responsibilities across the institutional research field, cross training
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new ideas, processes, and technologies
- Ability to establish and manage project tasks and deadlines, manage multiple projects, solve problems, and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail.Ability to work effectively independently as well as in team working groups
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with higher education upper administration.
As the world's leader in aviation and aerospace education, Embry-Riddle offers a fast-paced, energetic workplace that's sky-high with opportunity. Family friendly, innovative, and collaborative describe our culture. This culture is enhanced by the importance we place on family and maintaining a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We value our faculty and staff and encourage innovation and flexibility which contributes to our overall success and the success of our students. Open communication and frequent sharing of feedback are essential in every day interactions. Opportunities abound for those who desire personal growth and development during their careers at Embry-Riddle.
Join our team of over 2,500 professionals and see why we've been recognized as one of the best places to work over and over again!
Embry-Riddle is also an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is committed to be a global leader in diversity and inclusion in higher education. We recognize and respect the differences among all individuals; and recruit, support, and embrace a diverse community. We provide a safe environment where self-expression is welcome. We cultivate close networks and partnerships that foster intellectual variety and cultural competency through the continued development of leadership, integrity, caring and respect. We are Embry-Riddle.
How To Apply:
For information on applying for open jobs, please read the following:
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for open positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from our online postings, media advertisements, or by contacting our recruitment team.
- We retain applications until the vacancy has been filled. You may apply online for multiple positions.
- Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
- If you need reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you have not created a profile (using your email address and creating a password) please click on the "Register Today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able to successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
- Please log back in to your profile often to check the status of your application.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile by visiting www.erau.edu/jobs. Click "Available Positions" and then "Login Here".
2. Once logged in, if you would like to update your profile, click "My Account" (on the left side near the top). You can add/delete documents on the "Personal Information" tab, or click on the remaining headings to view and/or update your profile. Please remember to "SAVE" often.
3. When you are finished updating your information, click the "SAVE" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to the Welcome page of your profile.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.