Job Seekers, Sign In
Market Research Analyst « Position Deleted on 4/07/2014 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsMarket Research Analyst - 13298
The primary focus of this position is to execute primary market research projects, both qualitative and quantitative, and provide insights to our Markets & Products and Marketing teams that help develop position and launch new/existing programs and market the Capella brand. Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This full-time position works both independently and under the supervision of the Manager of Market Insights.
Qualitative and quantitative research:
- Ability to take a business problem and identify a primary market research solution.
- Design, develop, execute, analyze and present findings from primary marketing research projects- both qualitative and quantitative.
- Provide high quality reports and relevant insight to our internal clients that help to develop, position and launch new/existing programs and market the Capella brand.
- Manage external third parties in designing, developing and executing primary market research activities.
- Understand principles of marketing and advertising - such as positioning, differentiation, value proposition, etc.
- Oversee end to end client relationships and leadership role on projects (business problem, objective setting, methodology, execution, analysis, insights presentation).
- Synthesizes data across projects and from multiple sources.
- Provide high quality reports/presentations and relevant insights to our Marketing and Markets & Products teams that help guide their work.
- Activate insights to ensure teams are leveraging research in decision making.
- Be a knowledgeable resource and consultant for internal clients about prospect research. Ability to think strategically and encourage strategic dialogue.
- Bachelor degree in related field. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience in designing, developing, and executing and reporting primary research projects, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Knowledge and experience using SPSS.
- Must be fluent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Education category experience and/or passion preferred.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking in an analytical and technology based environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with other functional groups and communicate effectively with all levels of the company and external business partners.
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.