Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director, Communications & Marketing « Position Deleted on 3/14/2014 »
|Institution:||University of South Florida|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Dept Number/Name: 0-4601-000 / Innovative Education
College / Division: Academic Affairs / Innovative Education
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9636 / Assistant Director
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $62,000.00-$70,000.00
Position Number: 00021822
Innovative Education (InEd) meets the needs of learners any time and any place through innovative distance learning, continuing education, degree completion, certificate, workforce development, lifelong learning, and pre-college programs.
InEd contributes to student success by collaborating with faculty, teaching assistants and academic administrators to strengthen the quality and breadth of USF's educational offerings, and by providing a variety of academic services, including online teaching workshops, consultations and instructional technology support.
InEd aligns with the goals stated in the USF Strategic Plan, including the desire to increase enrollments, improve the university's degree completion rate, and develop and nurture public-private partnerships designed to generate new revenue and ensure institutional financial security.
InEd is committed to contributing to student success, supporting teaching, generating new revenue, and establishing a reputation for innovation and quality that distinguishes USF from its competition.
The Assistant Director of Digital Strategy (Assistant Director, Communications and Marketing) is a professional communicator role requiring training, experience and technical skills in current online marketing concepts, strategies and best practices, including e-commerce, search engine optimization and marketing, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing and social media. The primary function of the role is to develop and implement a digital marketing strategy for Innovative Education designed to drive course /program enrollments. This role will be responsible for leading the digital marketing team, managing the digital marketing budget, and directing all digital marketing efforts. The position will report to the Director of Marketing & Enrollment, and will supervise two positions: Communications and Marketing Officer, Communications and Marketing Specialist.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Oversee the development and implementation of a digital marketing strategy designed to drive course /program enrollments. Includes defining key business goals and devising strategies for meeting them; staying current on the latest technologies and identifying new opportunities; ensuring alignment between digital marketing strategy and overall unit branding and marketing; and directing marketing staff.
- Digital Marketing Campaign Management
- Develop, implement, manage, track and evaluate all digital marketing campaigns. Includes developing campaigns using current digital marketing tactics, such as paid search, search engine optimization, keyword development, and pay-per-click advertising; launching, managing and optimizing campaigns; measuring ROI; managing digital marketing budgets; and directing marketing staff.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a social media strategy designed to build communities and provide excellent customer care. Includes developing and managing social media sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter; writing a social media editorial plan and producing social media content; building and engaging social communities; and executing paid social media campaigns designed to drive traffic to our websites, microsites and landing pages.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred applicants will possess a Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, mass communications, or digital media, plus ten years of related experience in digital marketing, with an emphasis on developing, implementing, managing, tracking and evaluating digital advertising campaigns.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of integrated marketing tactics, including audience identification and analysis, user experience design, digital production, digital media buying, digital analytics, search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, keyword identification and information architecture.
- Must have experience in developing social communities and managing social media sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Must be proficient in the use of content management systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and Acrobat.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team environment that pursues and follows a forward-thinking mindset and practices collaboration.
- Must possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, nimble, entrepreneurial environment with many cross-functional partners.
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 3636
Posting Date: 02/10/2014
Posting End Date: 03/12/2014
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida's spectacular west coast. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.3 percent of all universities.
At the heart of USF is a vibrant, diverse and engaged student body. More than 47,000 students are enrolled in the USF System, a system of three separately accredited institutions – USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota-Manatee – with an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion. The university's main Tampa campus is home to USF Health, including the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Pharmacy.
With over 230 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, specialty and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine, there's something for everyone at USF. The university offers a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration and is focused on student success. More than 2,000 distinguished scholars, researchers and expert teachers, nearly all holding PhDs or the highest degrees in their fields, make up the USF faculty – including the 2012 U.S. Professor of the Year.
USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference, with 17 men's and women's varsity teams competing at the NCAA-level. New facilities for practice and competition, along with a completely renovated USF Sun Dome, put the university's athletic facilities on par with virtually every top program in the country. For more information about USF please visit: http://www.usf.edu/
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.