Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director for Summer Housing/Operations #11570 « Position Deleted on 5/08/2014 »
|Location:||Chestnut Hill, MA|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsBoston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,100 full-time undergraduates and 4,700 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities and a member of the Association of Research Universities, Boston College has 752 full-time and 1,080 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $886 million, and an endowment of approximately $2 billion.
Department: 025301 - Residential Life
Position: 00003005 - Assistant Director, Summer Housing/Operations
Grade or Band: 3RD
The Assistant Director for Summer Housing/Operations provides leadership, direction, and management of the summer conferences and camps, including scheduling, placement, and billing of all summer students and conference and camp participants. This position works with University constituents (First Year Experience, Athletics, Dean of Students, Alumni, Dining Services) to ensure that all policies are disseminated and followed, and coordinates services from Bureau of Conferences, Facilities Management, and Housekeeping for all summer residence hall occupancy activities.
The Assistant Director for Summer Housing/Operations has primary responsibilities for the opening and closing of the residence halls, managing summer bookings for summer students and for conferences and camps, managing all information and processes relating to early arrivals and housing extensions, and overseeing transitions. The position is responsible for establishing and reviewing summer housing guidelines and the management of all summer housing contracts.
The position is also responsible for day-to-day functional management of the StarRez housing application, testing system upgrades, and training summer staff as needed.
The Assistant Director for Summer Housing/Operations projects income, expenses, and summer housing rates, conducts comparative rate and service studies with other universities and colleges, provides budget forecasts for summer operations, reconciles summer operations revenues and expenses, and oversees relations with all outside vendors.
The Assistant Director supervises a full-time assistant and four summer resident directors and is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising 100 summer student staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or comparable field.
- Two to three years experience in university housing or related Student Affairs operational area.
- Understanding of a comprehensive conference program.
- Significant professional experience supervising student employees.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven success in business operations, budget management, and/or accounting.
- Ability to resolve conflicts with students, conference attendees, and university stakeholders.
- Strong technical background; * Proficient with technology in the office environment, including Microsoft Office.
- Master's in Higher Education or comparable field.
- Ability to use current technology to effectively reach out to students.
- Experience with StarRez database and CS Gold.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to be considered as an official applicant, please note that it is necessary to apply directly online at our site: www.bc.edu/bcjobs .PI76952962
Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.