Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Research & Institutional Effectiveness « Position Deleted on 8/07/2014 »
|Institution:||Paul Quinn College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Opportunity
The Director of Research & Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for developing and directing planning institutional research, data management, evaluation, assessments and program reviews. The Director implements and manages a comprehensive institutional effectiveness program, strategic and annual planning components, student outcomes assessment, program review (academic and nonacademic) and systems to evaluate effectiveness and continuous improvement. The Director supervises and manages the preparation and distribution of reports to meet local, state, regional and national requirements/directives and ensures accreditation compliance.
The Director of Research & Institutional Effectiveness will provide the highest level of customer service while performing the following duties:
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation of the College's Strategic Plan initiatives.
- Facilitate the assessment of College outcomes with regard to mission and goals, leadership and governance, administrative structures and services, academic programs and institutional integrity.
- Collaborate with the entire College community to establish priorities among College initiatives.
- Engage faculty and staff in the planning and implementation phases of the College's initiatives, recommending that appropriate resources are allocated to the planning and implementation phases and assessing progress continuously to monitor implementation schedules and issue progress reports.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation, development and assessment of a College-wide assessment plan.
- Serve as chairperson of the College Strategic Planning Council.
- Manage the gathering and dissemination of information related to the efficient implementation of the College's long-range planning effort.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the College's progress in its long-range plan,
- Oversee the collection, organization, analysis and reporting of institutional data.
- Provide support in the analysis and interpretation of student enrollment, retention data and student satisfaction levels.
- Serve as a principal member of the College's accreditation team.
- Coordinate a systematic and integrated institutional planning process that is aligned with SACS and TRACS accreditation standards and other planning and accountability requirements as part of an institutional effectiveness program.
- Serve as a super user of the College's student database system.
- Assume other related duties as assigned by the President or Vice President of the College
Master's degree in educational research or a related field requiring expertise in statistical research, review, analysis, interpretation and reporting.
Three years of increasing responsibility in the collection, analysis and presentation of research data and planning for institutional effectiveness. Three years of program or departmental management and leadership experience.
Responsibility for Contact with Others
Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy. Oral and written communication skills; public speaking expertise. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
This posting is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs. This position may be required to work outside of the normal business hours of the College and travel on behalf of the institution.
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, salary requirements and a detailed resume that reflects the qualifications listed to:
Dr. K. Grant, Vice President of Academic Affairs
Paul Quinn College
3837 Simpson Start Road
Dallas, TX 75241
It is the policy of Paul Quinn College not to discriminate against any individual in its educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, age, religion, or marital status.