Research Project Manager
Auto req ID: 33224BR
School/Unit: Harvard School of Public Health
Department: Dean's Office - Administration
Duties & Responsibilities:
The position of Research Project Manager is a senior level administrative and research position. Reporting directly to the Dean for Academic Affairs, the Research Project Manager will assist the Dean with academic and scientific content related to Research Strategy and Planning at the School of Public Health, including, but not limited to:
- Specifically regarding Research Strategy and Planning, will manage and direct critical meetings for multiple inter-departmental committees for research strategy and liaise with the Offices of Academic Affairs, Financial Affairs, External Relations, and Research Strategy and Development (including SPA). Will staff meetings and update Dean on matters of significance
- Organizing and moderating in-person and virtual meetings and consultations using appropriate communication platforms.
- Representing projects at meetings.
- Submitting periodic reports of project status to the Dean and proactively recommending modifications in current procedures.
- Processing, organizing and summarizing information using a variety of scientific, word processing, spreadsheet, statistical and qualitative methodologies or platforms.
- Coordinating and carrying out designated research tasks and projects, in particular systematic reviews of the literature, needs' assessments, field work, statistical analysis and other investigative techniques.
- Collating, organizing, and drafting materials for the preparation of research papers, manuscripts, articles, and/or other documents for publication or presentation.
- Will be responsible for the oversight of projects from inception to completion, including: planning, development, and design; assessing resource requirements, defining realistic attainable timelines, and communicating routinely with the Dean to keep him apprised of project status and advancement.
- MPH or relevant Masters' degree required
- 5+ years of progressive/administrative project management
- 5+ years experience in scientific research
- Supervisory experience required
- Doctoral preferred
- Experience in a University setting a plus
- Must have knowledge of research administration
- Must be able to function with independently
- Must have the capacity to interact productively with faculty and researchers
- Must be experienced resourceful in research
- Must have excellent writing skills, meticulous attention to detail, tracking and record keeping and the ability to manage competing high priority responsibilities required
- Must be proficient in MS Office and have excellent PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of statistical software packages such as STATA, EpiInfo, qualitative analysis software
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3-4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistant Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join HSPH to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Contact:||Please submit your resume and cover letter on line:
|Online App. Form:||https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerID=25240&siteI D=5341&AReq=33224BR|