Director of Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 7/31/2014 »
|Institution:||TCS Education System|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Director of Institutional Research to join the Institutional Research team. This position will be located in the Southern California region.
The Director of Institutional Research will need to support each of TCS Education System's institutions separately while finding efficiencies and maintaining consistency in reporting. The position is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, administering, and analyzing results of quantitative and qualitative research. This position is also responsible for synthesizing research findings for internal and external audiences. This individual collaborates with professional staff and faculty of academic programs to design and assess the effectiveness of academic programs. The chief responsibilities include spearheading the executive reporting of requirements to state and federal agencies.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs all planning, assessment, trend analysis, and institutional research-related activities for multiple institutions within a System.
- Hands-on data analysis, interpretation of results, and preparation of reports for internal and external audiences
- Provide expert consultation to academic and administrative units on outcomes articulation and assessment, research methodology, data management, and data analysis and interpretation for their own programs of self-study, planning and assessment activities.
- Lead efforts related to program review and assist with outcome assessment processes.
- Provide and analyze quantitative data on institutional enrollment, retention, projections, student and alumni indicators and fiscal matters to help with strategic planning and decision-making.
- Collect and report official system wide enrollment data, course evaluations, program reviews, and student and employee surveys. Provide analysis and recommendations for action.
- Assist in the development and implementation processes to assist the institutions in coordinating annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Work with institutional leaders to design and implement surveys and projects to address decision-making needs.
- Develop and implement a system assessing institutional effectiveness of programs and services, including surveys, data reports, qualitative and quantitative analyses, and research reports to make recommendations for institutional improvement.
- Develop information to meet annual reporting requirements--accreditation reporting (i.e. WASC, IBHE, IPEDS).
- Work effectively with institutional leaders to identify and subsequently produce reports on key performance indicators.
- Assist and consult in accreditor visits at our various institutions.
- Provide data in response to ad hoc requests for information from a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Maintains confidentiality of all institutional and System data.
- Manage Institutional Research staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Advanced in MS Office and SPSS
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record of accuracy
- Ability to interpret statistics, design surveys, and evaluate standards
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to remain impartial
- Knowledge of higher education data systems and data analysis software
- Master's Degree preferred but not required
- At least seven years of experience in institutional research or similar fields
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Higher education experience - academic and student development programs, current issues and trends in higher education reporting, issues and trends in development and assessment of institutional research, knowledge of assessment tools, research design
- Ability to effectively collaborate and consult with institutional leadership
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners--The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University--each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience. For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu