Job Seekers, Sign In
Chief Student Success Officer « Position Deleted on 5/27/2012 »
|Institution:||Three Rivers Community College|
|Location:||Poplar Bluff, MO|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTHE POSITION
The Chief Student Success Officer oversees all student services, working closely with a team of peers to ensure student success. The executive position reports directly to the President and serves on the President's Cabinet. The Chief Student Success Officer provides leadership, direction, and supervision for all functional areas of the student success division including student records; financial aid; admissions and recruitment; housing; athletics; advising and retention; student development; and student activities.
- Demonstrate, by example, the college's commitment to a student-first approach to management and administration.
- Be committed to excellence and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate annual goals and objectives for the Student Success division that increase student retention, diversity, and equity; contribute to college-wide learning/program outcomes; and encourage and support the academic achievement and persistence of all students.
- Interact and work effectively as a team member and team leader with students, faculty, staff, and administration and external constituencies at the local and state level.
- Demonstrate leadership with strategic planning, continuous improvement, and policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Develop and manage divisional budgets in concert with the college strategic plan and in collaboration with other members of the President's Cabinet.
- Provide leadership for the development and enforcement of student discipline and codes of conduct.
- Lead the use and development of current and emerging technologies in the student success area.
- Oversee scheduling and use of the Bess Activity Center, Bess Student Center and conference room, baseball and softball fields, and student parking lots.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the college by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- An earned doctorate in higher education administration/leadership from a regionally accredited institution is preferred; a master's degree in higher education administration or related field is required.
- Five to eight years of progressively responsible experience working in student services in a community college setting with responsibilities in at least two of the areas supervised is required.
- Exemplary written, oral, and personal communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate good emotional intelligence.
- Prior professional and administrative experiences are required; must demonstrate a strong record of achievement and innovation.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of and commitment to the comprehensive philosophy and mission of a rural community college.
- Experience in working with job placement, housing, athletics, recruitment, financial aid, student advisement and development, student retention, and enrollment management is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership with exercising judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the grant development and implementation process.
- Participatory leadership style with demonstrated creativity and flexibility in solution-seeking and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fiscal and personnel resources, plan and evaluate programs and services, and think strategically and proactively.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relating to the development of student services programs at the community college level.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities, innovate, take calculated risks, adapt to rapid changes and marshal resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated support of and participation in student activities, including, but not limited to, the fine and performing arts, athletics, and student organizations.
- Ability to collaborate with all functional areas of the college.
Candidates for Chief Student Success Officer must submit all of the following materials:
- Letter of application addressing each item listed under qualifications.
- Resume detailing education and experience, including dates of all employment listed chronologically.
- Academic transcripts; unofficial copies accepted for application purposes.
- Three Rivers College Application for Employment (available by mail or online).
- Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for a minimum of five professional references. References must be able to speak to character and to performance relative to required responsibilities.
- Finalist will be required to submit to a background investigation.
- First and second rounds of interviews will require virtual interview via Skype.
- $500 travel reimbursement provided to those invited to the college for an interview. If candidate is offered the position but does not accept, no reimbursement will be provided.
Start date: July 1, 2012
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience and excellent benefits. Salary range is $70,000 to $90,000.
Review of applications will continue until position is filled; screening of completed applications will begin April 16, 2012. All application materials should be addressed to:
Three Rivers College, Human Resources Office
2080 Three Rivers Blvd. | Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Phone: 573-840-9695 | Fax: 573-840-9186
Three Rivers College is an AA/EEO Institution. We do background checks.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.