Lecturer - BASW/MSW - Vancouver, WA « Position Deleted on 9/25/2012 »
|Institution:||Eastern Washington University|
Eastern Washington University and its School of Social Work seek a Lecturer to serve as Program Director for its
Vancouver based part-time Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work programs. The position is a 75% time, 9-month per year special
faculty appointment, plus a 50% summer appointment.
The position may begin after 8/1/2012, and is based at Clark College located in Vancouver, WA. Position reports to the Chair/Director of the School of Social Work at the Cheney campus.
The School of Social Work offers diversity and breadth in programs, including full-time BASW and MSW programs, part-time BASW and MSW programs offered at sites throughout Washington State, plus specialized programs through our Center for Aging Studies, Center for Disability Studies and Universal Access, as well as our Addiction Studies Program. The programs prepare students for generalist and advanced generalist social work practice in both rural and urban communities. The Eastern Washington University School of Social Work is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
1) Student related functions: Recruit students for the program; provide academic and professional advising support to students over a three-year cohort cycle; advising on course planning, and support through final examinations and graduation, provide field practicum placement and act as practicum liaison to a cohort of up to 60 students.
2) Community related functions: Engage in program related outreach in the region's social service organizations in and around Vancouver, WA; provide ongoing practicum site development; maintain good relationships with community agency administrators.
3) Faculty and Programatic functions; Teach Social Work courses as assigned, which may include field supervision; perform other faculty duties, including attending faculty meetings by video conferencing; support on- and off-site traveling faculty who have instructional on-site needs; collaborate with other distance learning programs at Clark College.
The Vancouver Part-time BASW and MSW Program director will serve as a liaison between the EWU/Cheney campus and the Vancouver based program. Position responsibilities will require regular communications utilizing email and other forms of distance technology, along with occasional travel to Cheney/Spokane. Occasional overnight travel and some evening and weekend coverage will be required (expenses associated with travel are reimbursed). The position is primarily administrative but includes some classroom teaching and field instruction.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin 8/1/2012. To be assured full consideration, your application must be completed and submitted through the online portal by 8/1/2012. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Conditions of Employment: The selected candidate will be expected to travel as necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position; travel may include single day or multi-day trips, and will include both local, regional, and state-wide travel.
MSW degree from an accredited program.
Familiarity with undergraduate graduate social work curricula.
Experience teaching in higher education settings.
Strong commitment to diversity and social justice.
Basic computer skills including word processing, database, spreadsheets, email and other forms of distance technologies.
Additionally, candidates must offer interest, ability and/or experience in promoting cultural competency
1) Ph.D. in Social Work or a very closely related discipline
2) Experience in providing student support services (i.e., assisting students with writing, Blackboard usage)
3) Excellent communication and networking skills
4) Experience in social work field education, including arrangement of practicum placements
5) Experience in program administration and coordinating multiple simultaneous activities