Faculty - Argosy University - Education Adjunct « Position Deleted on 9/14/2012 »
|Institution:||Argosy University - Atlanta|
|Minimum Education Required||Other Professional Doctorate|
|Location||Argosy University Atlanta Atlanta, GA 30328, US|
|Travel Required||0 - 20%|
Instructs and facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment, as demonstrated by university prescribed assessments. Provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. Encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Definition of Full Time: Regularly scheduled to teach a set number of courses or credits as defined by the educational system for full time faculty members over the entire academic year, as outlined in the employee's appointment letter; works administrative hours, fulfills professional obligations and participates actively in University activities.
Key Job Elements
- Delivers learning-centered instruction.
- Conducts assessments of student and program learning outcomes.
- Mentors students in their academic and professional careers.
- Participates in scholarly and professional activities.
- Contributes service to the profession and the community.
- Serves on program, campus, college, and university-wide committees and projects.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in ed. leadership.
Campus President and University Vice President of Academic Affairs or Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Terminal degree in the discipline and five years related experience.
- Communication skills-Clearly conveys information and ideas to others; demonstrates active listening skills.
- Credibility-Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on commitments; uses ethical considerations to guide values.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness-Achieves results through people; sets goals that are acceptable and motivates people to reach them; handles conflict in a constructive manner.
- Judgment/Critical Analysis-Makes sound decisions based on analysis, knowledge, and experience; readily understands complex issues; develops solutions that effectively address problems.
- Student and College Focused-Makes students and colleagues and their needs a primary focus; creates and/or implements student-focused processes or procedures.
- Professionalism-Participates in all activities in a collegial, ethical and responsible manner. Appropriately, constructively, and productively interacts with students, other faculty, administration and staff. Serves as a role model and representative of Argosy University.
- Demonstrates effective customer service, personnel and project management skills.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic journals, academic reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The individual must be able to travel nationally on a periodic basis for a variety of meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.