Receiving Teller I/ Student Accounts (Internal Applicants) « Position Deleted on 9/24/2012 »
|Institution:||Worcester State University|
Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions.
THE FOLLOWING VACANCY IS OPEN SOLELY TO CURRENT WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES!
**All higher education Classification
Specifications shall be available at the Board of Higher Education website: www.mass.edu**
Incumbents of positions at this level receive direct supervision from the Staff Assistant/OneCard
May exercise supervision of non-professional, part-time personnel and student assistants.
1. Daily processing of cash,
checks and credit card transactions.
2. Assists students and answer inquiries with a large emphasis on quality customer service.
3. Searches for sources of account imbalances or discrepancies using computer systems and adding machines/ calculators.
4. Retrieves needed information from files and / or records.
5. Prepares daily and weekly reports to vendors using blackboard system
6. Answers or refers inquiries to appropriate parties for action.
7. One Card production with the CCure security application system
8. Updates and maintains spreadsheets as required.
9. Review reports and daily transactions for accuracy, completeness and content.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proven ability to offer professional and courteous customer service.
2. Ability to work well during high volume periods with accuracy under time constraints.
3. Knowledge of the standard procedures and methods followed in handling and recording cash.
4. Knowledge of basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5. Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
6. Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols.
7. Ability to perform arithmetical computations with speed and accuracy.
8. Ability to gather information by examining records and documents.
9. Ability to assemble items of information according to established procedures.
10. Ability to maintain accurate records.
11. Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
12. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively.
13. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship-s with others.
14. Ability to deal tactfully with others and establish rapport.
15. Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
16. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently when necessary.
17. Ability to type and create or maintain spreadsheets.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, clerical experience, the major duties of which involved cashiering, bookkeeping, account recording or the direct handling of funds received or paid out, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
1. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a business or commercial course of a recognized high school or vocational/ technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
2. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business school above the high school level with a major in bookkeeping, accounting or business administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
3. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full time, or equivalent part time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business school above the high school level with a major in bookkeeping, accounting or business administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
4. An associate's or higher degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
DEPARTMENT: Student Account's Office
*Position Number: TBA
*Supervisor: Staff Associate/one Card Admin Coordinator
*Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
*Shift: 10:45-7:00 pm
*Salary: $634.76 (1)
This position will close on September 27, 2012
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online through Interview Exchange. Necessary documents for submission include a cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference signed by hand and dated within six months of the posting date.
Documents which cannot be uploaded to your Interview Exchange account can be sent to Human Resources through one or more of the following mediums: email to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 508.929.8163; mail to Director of Human Resources, Worcester State University, 486 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA 01602-2597.