Job Seekers, Sign In
Coordinator of the Office of Sexual Assault and Antiviolence « Position Deleted on 8/01/2013 »
|Institution:||Utah State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for coordinating educational strategies focused on prevention of sexual and relationship violence among Utah State University students, faculty, and staff. The person in this position also serves as a contact for survivors of sexual and relationship violence and the first point of care for referral and advocacy. Additionally, the successful candidate will participate in other health education and prevention programming, as needed.
The position reports to the Executive Director of Student Health Services.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Planning, implementing and evaluating educational activities and strategies aimed at raising awareness and preventing sexual and relationship violence.
2. Working with survivors of sexual/relationship violence in order to assess their immediate needs and refer to the appropriate resource.
3. Evaluating other campus issues that impact students learning about sexual/relationship violence prevention.
4. Networking with other campus and community agencies and departments in order to plan and implement educational activities and represent Utah State University on relevant community and state committees
5. Providing short-term advocacy for survivors and assisting in getting legal, academic, and counseling assistance.
6. Marketing the program to the campus community in order to raise awareness of the service and about the issue of sexual/relationship violence.
7. Working with other Health Center staff in order to plan collaborative approaches to physical and sexual violence education and prevention.
8. Developing written materials, program events and fundraisers when needed.
9. Developing environmental strategies for preventing sexual and relationship violence.
1. Experience in health education and sexual/relationship violence prevention
2. Excellent communication skills for writing and verbal communication
3. Compassionate and caring manner
1. Master's degree in health education, social work, or related field.
2. At least two years experience in the field of sexual/relationship violence prevention.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Along with the on-line application, please attach:
1. A cover letter
2. A current resume
3. A list of the names and contact information of three professional references.
It is recommended that you have all required documents ready to attach before you click on the "apply for" link.
Utah State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse faculty. Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.