Job Seekers, Sign In
Program Coordinator, Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment (ICE) « Position Deleted on 9/05/2013 »
|Institution:||Westfield State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsWestfield State University
Program Coordinator, Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment (ICE)
State Title: Staff Assistant
Job Code: HA5600
FLSA Designation: Exempt
General statement of duties:
The ICE Program Coordinator works collaboratively with the faculty and staff of the Divisions of Academic and Student Affairs and partnering high school districts to foster the access, success and retention of high school students with intellectual and developmental disabilities dually-enrolled in the Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment Partnership Program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The ICE Program Coordinator reports to the Vice President for Government Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with partnering districts and WSU faculty and staff to implement a post-secondary program for students with intellectual disabilities.
- Provides enrollment and academic advisement for all Early Admit high school students participating in the ICE Partnership Program, including the application process, campus tours and registration of classes.
- Facilitates Person-Centered Plans (PCPs) for each new ICE student and their family and friends, along with the sending high school district.
- Reviews documentation of disability; assess learning strengths and areas of development; and develops educational accommodations for student success. Instructs ICE students on the use of their educational plans.
- Coordinates support services for participating ICE students through a variety of campus programs.
- Advises and monitors student progress regularly and maintains student records (grades, audit status, registration) and other documentation according to procedures established by OSD/DS and ICE.
- Works closely with participating sending districts to ensure student participation in community-based internships and employment.
- Coordinates partnership collaborations between participating high schools, Westfield State University personnel, community non-profit and State adult agencies.
- Provides training and support to Educational Coaches.
- Facilitates the dissemination of professional development opportunities and technical assistance to partners.
- Collaborates with Peer Mentors to develop activities and social opportunities peer-to-peer.
- Designs and facilitates career exploration, job search strategy and career portfolio workshops for participating students.
- Develops program materials and establishes and updates ICE program website (technical skills not required).
- Maintains faculty relationships by reviewing program goals with university faculty and staff; assists students who are taking classes and their educational coaches with academic accommodations and natural supports.
- Works with Business Office to monitor budget, requests purchase orders, establishes encumbrances, and develops annual memorandum of agreements (MOA) with sending districts.
- Coordinates partnership meetings and student-centered special events.
- Represents the university at regional and statewide meetings related to transition and post-secondary opportunities for students with intellectual disabilities.
- Attends department, division and university wide meetings and professional development sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Services, and/or related field with 3 years' experience and/or training that includes learning disability services; disability assessment; experience making accommodations for individuals with disabilities; experience working with high school/college programs; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using Internet and MS Office products including: MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint; and the ability to work effectively as a team with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body in a student-centered program.
Department: PRESIDENT'S OFFICE
Locations: Westfield, MA
Posted: Aug 06, '13
The online application provides a section where reference information may be provided. The following documents are required attachments:
- Cover letter
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp;jsessionid=6A22B448A3123D893B3F7C8623286D61?JOBID=416 54#pageTophttps://westfield.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp;jsessionid=6A22B448A3123D893B3F7C8623286D61?JOBID=41654#pageTop
About Westfield State University:
Westfield State University is an education leader committed to providing students with a learning experience built on its founding principle as the first public co-educational college in America to offer an education without barrier to race, gender or economic status. Westfield State University's primary mission is to assist its students to develop intellectually and to use their knowledge and skills to improve the social and economic conditions in their communities.
A public institution, the University has been offering online bachelor's degree courses since 2008. In January, 2012, U.S. News & World Report's first-ever edition of Top Online Education Programs ranked Westfield State #1 in the country for faculty credentials and training in online education programs.
Westfield is a great place to work, learn and grow. In 2011, Westfield State University was named one of "America's Great Colleges to Work For" by the prestigious Chronicle of Higher Education.
Westfield State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Westfield State is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.