Dir. of Enrollment Data Systems/Data Analyst « Position Deleted on 12/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Concordia University Chicago|
|Location:||River Forest, IL|
Director of Enrollment Data Systems/Data Analyst
Job Summary: Under general direction of the assistant vice president for enrollment, provides vision, leadership and technical guidance for managing the student information system needs and pertinent operational functions of the Undergraduate Admission Office and others that impact enrollment. The individual in this position will have significant collaboration with the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing regarding strategic enrollment initiatives, planning, and reporting.
This individual seeks ways to utilize technology to make office operations more efficient and effective; plans and implements technological
strategies in collaboration with staff in IT department and provides training for all staff increasing knowledge on the advanced uses of
technology. This individual is in charge of admission and enrollment reporting and analysis for the Office of Admission including
recruitment, financial aid and other enrollment data from pertinent student service areas. This individual leads efforts for data-informed
decisions and manages the technology needs of the admission office. This individual is in charge of student database management (CRM) and
coordinating technology needs for areas that promote recruitment and enrollment strategies. This individual is the unit liaison with the
Information Technology team.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide vision, leadership and technical guidance in managing the operational functions of the Undergraduate Admission Office; manages the technology needs of UGA; serves as the technology liaison with the University's Technology team and works to maximize the capabilities of enrollment management systems through integration.
2. Conduct and manage data analysis and statistical evaluation including daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports for admissions, financial aid and related enrollment management.
3. Coordinate with supervisory staff and manage the effectiveness and efficiency of prospect and application processing, Third Party datafile exhanges, standard and ad hoc operations reporting and communication flow.
4. Performs analyses, identifies problems and solutions, makes recommendation and evaluates results relating to the development, enhancement, and maintenance of student database systems.
5. Identify and define web-based applications to support administration's reporting needs. Collaborate with other system users to develop common data definitions regarding the interface of university-wide data files and operations.
6. Manage a variety of admission prospect database file uploads that include but may not be limited to National Student Clearinghouse, ACT AIM/EIS, College Board, NCRUAA, PTK and other ad hoc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of administrative computer information systems, and preference specifically for SunGuard Banner
- Knowledge of computing hardware/software applications and troubleshooting, especially those involving web-based applications
- Knowledge of workflow processes /techniques for new or revised electronic computer applications; designing methods of processing data; technical report writing
- Working knowledge of database mining is highly desirable
- Statistical research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of enrollment planning, admission operations and predictive modeling desirable
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
- An appreciation for, and commitment to, Christian higher education