The Theory of Weak Ties, Social Media, and Your Job Search
by Justin Zackal, 2/11/2016
According to research, a more effective way to find a job through personal contacts is through a "weak tie" while others argue that "strong ties" make for better networks. In this day and age of social media, does the strength of your connection dictate the effectiveness of your network?
Provosts and Productivity: Five Starting Points
by James Martin and James E. Samels, 2/10/2016
In Martin and Samels third blog post, the authors present five strategies for increasing institutional productivity.
How to Handle Advancement Job Opportunities (and Create Career Karma)
by Dennis Barden, 2/08/2016
The abundance of opportunities in advancement can often be tempting when you're considering a new career. But do you really know the best way to go about evaluating whether or not a position is right for you?
- Job Search Advice
- Resume/CV, cover letter, and interviewing tips to help you succeed in your higher ed job search.
- Salary Surveys
- View median salaries for hundreds of faculty, administrative, and executive positions.
- Higher Education Employment Report
- HigherEdJobs' quarterly report on employment trends in higher education.
- Register for upcoming webcasts or view past webcasts hosted by HigherEdJobs.
- Institutional Profiles
- Learn more about the colleges and universities for which you'd like to work.
- Sign-up to receive our newsletter, the Insider Update, featuring higher education news, advice, and jobs.