Far from bust: five ways MOOCs are helping people get on in life
by Lisa Harris, University of Southampton and Manuel León Urrutia,University of Southampton, from The Conversation, 9/04/2015
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) - free, short courses made available to everybody online – were expected to herald the end of higher education as we knew it when they began. But the hype soon died away and critics bemoaned the fact that learners quickly lost enthusiasm and dropped out in large numbers.
Students Ask Education Department to Discharge College Debt Due to Fraud Allegations
by Anne Flaherty, 9/04/2015
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Almost 12,000 students are asking the federal government to discharge their college loan debt, asserting that their school either closed or lied to them about job prospects, according to government data released Thursday.
How to Mishandle a Job Interview
by Mercedes Chacon Vance, 8/31/2015
If you are an aspiring dean, provost, president, or other campus leader, job interviews may not cause jitters. You have already been scrutinized by numerous hiring committees in your career and have interviewed your share of candidates as well. You have a solid approach to job interviews.
- Job Search Advice
- Resume/CV, cover letter, and interviewing tips to help you succeed in your higher ed job search.
- Salary Surveys
- View median salaries for hundreds of faculty, administrative, and executive positions.
- Higher Education Employment Report
- HigherEdJobs' quarterly report on employment trends in higher education.
- Register for upcoming webinars or view past webinars hosted by HigherEdJobs.
- Institutional Profiles
- Learn more about the colleges and universities for which you'd like to work.
- Sign-up to receive our newsletter, the Insider Update, featuring higher education news, advice, and jobs.