Turning the Tide: Can Admissions Reforms Redefine Achievement?
by Julie Renee Posselt, Assistant Professor of Higher Education, University of Michigan, from The Conversation, 2/04/2016
A recent report out of Harvard calls for college and university admissions to be "more humane, less super-human." But is it enough to have a major impact on the academy?
Bring Your Talent to Interviews
by Peter Weddle, 2/02/2016
Your unique talents can separate you from the other candidates you're competing with for a position. Do you know how to showcase what makes you different and stand out from the pack during an interview?
Changing the Culture of Customer Service in Higher Education
by Justin Zackal, 1/29/2016
The idea of students as customers is becoming more and more common in higher education. What can professionals in academia, especially those working in student affairs, learn from customer service experts about dealing with students?
- Job Search Advice
- Resume/CV, cover letter, and interviewing tips to help you succeed in your higher ed job search.
- Salary Surveys
- View median salaries for hundreds of faculty, administrative, and executive positions.
- Higher Education Employment Report
- HigherEdJobs' quarterly report on employment trends in higher education.
- Register for upcoming webcasts or view past webcasts hosted by HigherEdJobs.
- Institutional Profiles
- Learn more about the colleges and universities for which you'd like to work.
- Sign-up to receive our newsletter, the Insider Update, featuring higher education news, advice, and jobs.