Information Technology in Higher Ed: Leadership and Recruiting Trends
by Nick Giannas, 10/01/2015
There was a time that the information technology department of most colleges and universities was stuck in the basement – literally and figuratively. That is no longer the case. The importance of IT in terms of an institution's ability to grow, meet its mission, and satisfy students, faculty, and other stakeholders can't be overstated – nor can the importance of great CIOs and other IT leaders.
Here's the Score for Obama's College Scorecard: More Minuses Than Pluses
by Cathy Sandeen, University of Wisconsin Colleges and the University of Wisconsin-Extension, from The Conversation, 9/30/2015
This past Saturday, September 12, following an announcement in President Obama's weekly address, the US Department of Education released its College Scorecard. The president claimed additional information in the scorecard would "cover every institution in higher education" and provide prospective students and their families with reliable data to "identify which schools provide the biggest bang for your buck."
Leadership Success in Higher Education
by Andrew Hibel, 9/25/2015
After a 50-year career, Charles Middleton recently retired as President of Roosevelt University. In this month's interview, Middleton reflects on his role as one of the founding members of the LGBTQ Presidents in Higher Education Association, what it takes to be a successful administrator, and his current role as Chair of the Board of Trustees of City Colleges of Chicago.
- Job Search Advice
- Resume/CV, cover letter, and interviewing tips to help you succeed in your higher ed job search.
- Salary Surveys
- View median salaries for hundreds of faculty, administrative, and executive positions.
- Higher Education Employment Report
- HigherEdJobs' quarterly report on employment trends in higher education.
- Register for upcoming webinars or view past webinars hosted by HigherEdJobs.
- Institutional Profiles
- Learn more about the colleges and universities for which you'd like to work.
- Sign-up to receive our newsletter, the Insider Update, featuring higher education news, advice, and jobs.